Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voice "Training"
In her post below JenniferIN mentions her voice. I made the following post: Re Voice Work: I am a big jazz fan and have a lot of CD's. I decided to put my favorite female singers in the car and sing along with them whenever I am out. Don't know yet how much it will help, but it can't hurt. There are inflections and sometimes timing differences we wouldn't have learned growing up. Diana Krall has a soft but husky, dusky voice. If you want a real vocal workout, try Anita O'Day. Google her performance at the 1958 Newport Jazz Festival. Check the outfit, too!

I am not sure I have the posting system here down yet (I AM a "Grande Dame", designated by Anne), so I thought I'd get it out here in plain sight. Attached here is a link to a performance by Anita O'Day at the 1958 Newport Jazz Festival in the famous movie "Jazz on a Summer Day" by Bert Stern. I own a CD "Anita O'Day Sings the Winners", a fabulous collection of big band jazz that I have in the car.

Again, check out the voice, the ambiance and the outfit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcMmVGrzpy8

Heart 
Stacia
I am a Diana Krall fan and have many but not all of her CD's.  Never been to a live performance but it's on the bucket list.  Have you ever been to a DK performance?
Heart 
Anne
(01-12-2019, 04:29 PM)Anne Wrote: I am a Diana Krall fan and have many but not all of her CD's.  Never been to a live performance but it's on the bucket list.  Have you ever been to a DK performance?

No. I'd really like that; but I haven't been to anything but classical concerts for a long time. But I have an extensive jazz collection I think of as my summer music. Winter is for classical. I am a big Renee Fleming fan and should probably add some of her recordings to the car collection.