Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First try with more than lipstick
I wen to the store today and got a bunch of more makeup. Just inexpensive stuff to experiment with. Forgot mascara (dummy!). anyway, this is my first attempt. I'm still thinking i need a lighter shade of eye shadow though. Heart  Michelle

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I think you did a very nice makeup job.   I'm curious what products and shades of color did you use?  Did you use an eye primer?  Did you use a powder foundation on your face or cream/liquid based foundation?
Heart 
Anne
Well done. Nice color, contours. Any tips on the eyeliner choices? I have gray hair now and seem to either get a smear look under my gray eyebrows, or not enough to make I smooth. You did well.
(01-06-2019, 08:35 AM)Anne Wrote: I think you did a very nice makeup job.   I'm curious what products and shades of color did you use?  Did you use an eye primer?  Did you use a powder foundation on your face or cream/liquid based foundation?
Anne, thank you so much. It means an awful lot. Actually, since I'm still learning, I just went and got the inexpensive store brand at a place called 'Big Lots'. The eye shadow I used last night was a blue from the lashes, up to a silver close to the brow. Eye primer? Oh well, something else to learn about. the foundation was a cream based. Heart  Michelle

(01-06-2019, 08:37 AM)Aden Wrote: Well done. Nice color, contours. Any tips on the eyeliner choices? I have gray hair now and seem to either get a smear look under my gray eyebrows, or not enough to make I smooth. You did well.

Aden, I was hoping that the eyebrow pencil/sponge thingy I used would tint my grey eye brows. But it didn't. But I guess it sorta worked. I kept the wig and makeup on for a couple hours, and just that old shirt I had on in the photo. It just felt so nice to have makeup on. You know, I think if I had been dressed as well; I would have actually felt comfortable in a like minded social situation. Just having a glass of wine, and chatting with some other gurls. That's how nice it felt. That's how right it felt. That's how relaxed it felt. Pure blissful heaven. Heart  Michelle
Michelle,
I use Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer.  It is a great eye primer that you just squeeze a little bit on your fingertip and rub on your eyelid and below your eyebrow.   My personal experience is that the eye primer made my eye shadow adhere better and made the eye shadow colors appear much more vividly.  Without the eye primer, the eye shadow colors appeared to be more muted and dull.  It is a bit expensive, especially when you see the small tube it comes in but it really goes a long way.  I buy this at the Ulta Store.

I'm really curious to know what brand name of foundation you used.  I love your appearance.  I've been using a powder-based foundation and my face makeup can appear as a bit "cakey".   From what I've been reading, cream-based foundations are much better for older skin, older complexions.  I've yet to try a cream-based but I'm going to try one soon.  So hoping you can reply on your foundation.
Heart 
Anne
(01-06-2019, 09:35 AM)Anne Wrote: Michelle,
I use Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer.  It is a great eye primer that you just squeeze a little bit on your fingertip and rub on your eyelid and below your eyebrow.   My personal experience is that the eye primer made my eye shadow adhere better and made the eye shadow colors appear much more vividly.  Without the eye primer, the eye shadow colors appeared to be more muted and dull.  It is a bit expensive, especially when you see the small tube it comes in but it really goes a long way.  I buy this at the Ulta Store.

I'm really curious to know what brand name of foundation you used.  I love your appearance.  I've been using a powder-based foundation and my face makeup can appear as a bit "cakey".   From what I've been reading, cream-based foundations are much better for older skin, older complexions.  I've yet to try a cream-based but I'm going to try one soon.  So hoping you can reply on your foundation.
Anne, I attached a picture. They are all 'ColorMates' brand from Big Lots. Just something really inexpensive for me to experiment with, and get the hang of just doing it. The item in the upper left of the picture is Tawny Peach blush, and it comes with a brush inside, and it's a powder. The item in the upper right is Medium 'foundation, with a Medium concealer, both are cream based. Creams do not seem to be wrinkle friendly. I noticed some creases and had to use my fingertip to even it out. The item at the bottom is Dazzling Sunlight bronzer. Heart  Michelle

Next up is the eye stuff. The item in the upper left is the Six Mineral Eyeshadow. To the right is the Must Have Naturals from Milani. The bottom left is my eye liner pencil from Maybelline and the eyebrow pencil is on the bottom right, Medium Brown, also from Maybelline. Heart  Michelle

(01-06-2019, 09:57 AM)MichelleL Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 09:35 AM)Anne Wrote: Michelle,

Anne, I attached a picture. They are all 'ColorMates' brand from Big Lots. Just something really inexpensive for me to experiment with, and get the hang of just doing it. The item in the upper left of the picture is Tawny Peach blush, and it comes with a brush inside, and it's a powder. The item in the upper right is Medium 'foundation, with a Medium concealer, both are cream based. Creams do not seem to be wrinkle friendly. I noticed some creases and had to use my fingertip to even it out. The item at the bottom is Dazzling Sunlight bronzer. Heart  Michelle

Next up is the eye stuff. The item in the upper left is the Six Mineral Eyeshadow. To the right is the Must Have Naturals from Milani. The bottom left is my eye liner pencil from Maybelline and the eyebrow pencil is on the bottom right, Medium Brown, also from Maybelline. Heart  Michelle
Last up are the brushes and lips. The left tube of lipstick is Fuschia Shock from Revlon, and the one on the right is Berry Boost from Maybelline. And the two brushes are from Epielle the small one for eyes and the large one for blush and bronzer. And I have some assorted small eye shadow brushes. All told, I've only spent around $40 on this stuff to just experiment with. So it probably won't be what I stay with in the end. Heart  Michelle

Hi Michelle,
Regarding your comment on wrinkles, I discovered this wonderful product by L'Oreal called Magic Perfecting Base.  It is fantastic.  I have rather large pores on my face and wrinkles too.  It's almost like a paste...you dip your finger into it and just use your fingertip to rub it on your skin.  It is fantastic for filling in those pores and wrinkles.  I'm not saying it will make you wrinkle free but my face is so much smoother after using it.  After putting on the L'Oreal, then apply your foundation and makeup as you normally would.  I attached a picture of it as well as a picture of that Smashbox eye primer.

Heart 
Anne
Anne, I will certainly look into getting these soon. And thanks for the pictures so I know what to look for. Heart  Michelle