Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Physical Training
Been doing some research, since losing weight and any shaping I can do, is a priority. I found a book called "Lean, Long and Strong" by a (supposedly) well know physical training coach for women. The proposition is the program builds strength and leanness without building bulk. Bulk I got; lean but retaining tone and strength is what I need. Cost me $.99 on Alibris.

FYI
Heart 
Stacia
(12-28-2018, 12:17 PM)Stacia Wrote: Been doing some research, since losing weight and any shaping I can do, is a priority. I found a book called "Lean, Long and Strong" by a (supposedly) well know physical training coach for women. The proposition is the program builds strength and leanness without building bulk. Bulk I got; lean but retaining tone and strength is what I need. Cost me $.99 on Alibris.

FYI
Heart 
Stacia
Stacia, that could be exactly what i am looking for. I have that 'mature lower tummy'. I'd love to shrink that and tighten it up some. I wonder if it is available as an audio book.... I could listen to it at home and in the car. Oh, thank you soo much for that. Love, Michelle
The male anatomy is set up to add more muscle tissue as we break down the existing muscle tissue by adding more weight.  I believe the key is higher repetition coupled with lower weight when doing resistance training.  Diet is certainly key as you can't look lean if your BMI is 20+.   I used to be in a mode of adding weight to bulk up muscle but have switched to higher reps with low weights.   Doing cardio is also another key component to this.  When I go to the gym, I always try to burn 800 to 1,000 calories via cardio (my resistance training is exclusive of this) through jogging on the treadmill, elliptical training and/or biking.  I like to mix it up as my knees cannot handle jogging exclusively anymore.
Heart 
Anne