Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make-up plan....
Unfortunately, I live too far away from Janet's, otherwise I'd be sitting outside waiting for them to open; and it's 2:30 in the morning! Anyway, I made a new friend, and she suggested a woman in DC to help me with all my makeup training. So hopefully, in about a month, I will at least have a beginning knowledge of how to do my own makeup. Oh, I can't wait to post some pictures. I'm so excited..... Heart  Love, Michelle
There are so many YouTube videos out there to help you.  I would search various topics like “eye makeup” or “how to apply eyeshadow”....things like that.  I would pay attention to the products mentioned and try some.  For example, one of the videos discussed and showed the importance of using eyelid primer and I tried the Smashbox Eye Primer the video promoted.  It made such an amazing difference in the way the Smashbox made my eye shadow adhere and really made the eyeshadow colors really pop.  It was so much fun practicing on myself too.
Heart 
Anne
(12-27-2018, 10:01 PM)Anne Wrote: There are so many YouTube videos out there to help you.  I would search various topics like “eye makeup” or “how to apply eyeshadow”....things like that.  I would pay attention to the products mentioned and try some.  For example, one of the videos discussed and showed the importance of using eyelid primer and I tried the Smashbox Eye Primer the video promoted.  It made such an amazing difference in the way the Smashbox made my eye shadow adhere and really made the eyeshadow colors really pop.  It was so much fun practicing on myself too.
Anne, I have a YouYube video download program on my laptop. I have downloaded the videos from Janet's and a few others. I'm certainly going to download some more so i can watch them online and practice, practice, practice. And i think i also need a lighted, magnifying makeup mirror as well so I can sit at the table and do my makeup. You always hear about knowing what 'your colors are'. I guess (hope) there are some videos out there to help you find out what colors best fit your face and skin tone. Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained they say. Heart  Michelle
Definitely need the makeup mirror.  I would get one of those that lights up and I’d two sided allowing you to flip from a non-magnified side to a magnified side.  Finding a foundation that matches your skin tone is important.  Trying out makeup is a bit of trial and error.  But if you approach it from the standpoint of having fun and don’t allow the “makeup failures” to frustrate you, I think you’ll see your competency grow. It just gets to be more and more fun as you progress.
Heart 
Anne
(12-28-2018, 09:39 AM)Anne Wrote: Definitely need the makeup mirror.  I would get one of those that lights up and I’d two sided allowing you to flip from a non-magnified side to a magnified side.  Finding a foundation that matches your skin tone is important.  Trying out makeup is a bit of trial and error.  But if you approach it from the standpoint of having fun and don’t allow the “makeup failures” to frustrate you, I think you’ll see your competency grow. It just gets to be more and more fun as you progress.

Anne, the more and more I listen to you all, watch videos, and think through a plan of the how, what, and where; the more confident I feel in tackling this. Hey, if I don't like the way it looks; I'll just take it off and try again! Heart Michelle
(12-28-2018, 09:39 AM)Anne Wrote: Definitely need the makeup mirror.  I would get one of those that lights up and I’d two sided allowing you to flip from a non-magnified side to a magnified side.  Finding a foundation that matches your skin tone is important.  Trying out makeup is a bit of trial and error.  But if you approach it from the standpoint of having fun and don’t allow the “makeup failures” to frustrate you, I think you’ll see your competency grow. It just gets to be more and more fun as you progress.

Here!!! You must need it to help you to be the best girl. It is very suited for Nov. https://www.nadula.com/blog/how-to-do-a-...urly-hair/