Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conundrum
I started Jan Morris' book this morning. The first sentence on the first page stunned me.

I am a Transexual, not a shemale, a transvestite or a homosexual. That is all I have to say at this point. I am frightened; and thrilled. This is real.

To paraphrase one of my many heroines, right now I just want to see it in cold, clear, objective print and I want to see it where I know others are seeing it.

Stacia
(12-24-2018, 12:10 PM)Stacia Wrote: I started Jan Morris' book this morning. The first sentence on the first page stunned me.

I am a Transgender, not a shemale, a transvestite or a homosexual. That is all I have to say at this point. I am frightened; and thrilled. This is real.

To paraphrase one of my many heroines, right now I just want to see it in cold, clear, objective print and I want to see it where I know others are seeing it.

Stacia
Stacia, I have never read the book, but I look it up online. I am assuming you are referring to the line about being 'under the piano'? I believe that each of our stories, our lives, is our's individually. Not to be put in a box with others. I am me. Yes, I may still have the male bits I was born with, but that only served to empty the waste from my body, and to reproduce children. Past that, I am what is in my heart and mind. And that switch got flipped to take me from male to female just recently. Oh, it had been moving to that point from when I was in 5th grade, but it flipped all the way a few months ago. And now, it won't go back, nor do I want it to. Yes, I too am frightened, but in a good way. Being a woman is so much more peaceful to me. The body, the dress, the look, the mannerisms; it's all there. I'm not sure if that helps, or hurts (sure hope the former), but our hearts are together, and tomorrow is a new day. Merry Christmas, Michelle Heart