Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi, I'm Michelle....
Hi, I'm Michelle. I know being in my early 60's is a tad 'mature' to finally start this journey. But heh, better late then never. for the first time in my life, my legs are now smooth (thanks to Veet!), and they feel sooo sexy. And i have a couple of gaffs, a garter belt, and some stockings. wearing these under my jeans when i go to the store is a real turn-on.

So i guess my next stop is upstairs. So after Christmas i guess i'll be getting my first bra and breast forms. And i'm as confused as ever over ordering the right set. And then a mature looking grey wig, and some shoes, and maybe a nice dress, skirt, and blouse.

And finally i guess some make-up. That is scarry. Being my age, i know i will never look as cute and sweet as some of the girls i have seen dressing. But i sure hope i don't turn out like some Disney witch!

Hugs, Michelle
Hi Michelle,
Welcome to the forum.  I think a bit of apprehension is understandable but perhaps you are mistaking apprehension for excitement.  I had just turned 60 years old when I decided to fully embrace my femininity within so I decided to order breastforms and other items from Janets.  I have never looked back as I have so fully enjoyed the times when I have been able to dress.  I am now 61-1/2 and continue moving forward in my identity as Anne.  I think you will make a good choice when it comes to the wigs....choosing a grey one.  I use a short grey tomboy wig and I feel it really adds to my elegance, given my older facial features.   When it comes to breastform sizing, be careful about going too big.  I'm sure your future purchases will include dresses and blouses.  If you go too big on the breaastforms, you likely will find it difficult to find clothes to fit an oversized bust.  If you want to go out in public, an oversized bust might also bring "unwanted" attention to yourself.   To me, the Holy Grail is being passable in public so that you blend in at the coffee shop, shopping, etc. so that you blend in like the millions of women out there.   Personally, I found that 36D was perfect, small enough for everyday womens clothing but big enough for me to enjoy my breasts and actually receive occasional desirous looks from unsuspecting men.  Of course, breastform sizing is so personal to each of us.   As for makeup, like anything in life, practice makes perfect.   You will find that it takes a bit of experimentation to find the right products that work best for you.  YouTube is full of so many videos on do makeup.  I have watched many YouTube videos on makeup and have found them so helpful.   If you search "makeup tips for older women" on YouTube, you will find many videos to help.  Being older like us, I find the older women videos to be most helpful as we deal with the blemishes and wrinkles that come with older age.  And as you are doing makeup on yourself, don't be frustrated with makeup that doesn't seem to work....rather enjoy these as fun learning moments and you will find yourself evolving as you move along.  Well, thank you for letting me pontificate on my soapbox.   Best wishes and....
Heart 
Anne
(12-18-2018, 08:42 AM)Anne Wrote: Hi Michelle,
Welcome to the forum.  I think a bit of apprehension is understandable but perhaps you are mistaking apprehension for excitement.  I had just turned 60 years old when I decided to fully embrace my femininity within so I decided to order breastforms and other items from Janets.  I have never looked back as I have so fully enjoyed the times when I have been able to dress.  I am now 61-1/2 and continue moving forward in my identity as Anne.  I think you will make a good choice when it comes to the wigs....choosing a grey one.  I use a short grey tomboy wig and I feel it really adds to my elegance, given my older facial features.   When it comes to breastform sizing, be careful about going too big.  I'm sure your future purchases will include dresses and blouses.  If you go too big on the breaastforms, you likely will find it difficult to find clothes to fit an oversized bust.  If you want to go out in public, an oversized bust might also bring "unwanted" attention to yourself.   To me, the Holy Grail is being passable in public so that you blend in at the coffee shop, shopping, etc. so that you blend in like the millions of women out there.   Personally, I found that 36D was perfect, small enough for everyday womens clothing but big enough for me to enjoy my breasts and actually receive occasional desirous looks from unsuspecting men.  Of course, breastform sizing is so personal to each of us.   As for makeup, like anything in life, practice makes perfect.   You will find that it takes a bit of experimentation to find the right products that work best for you.  YouTube is full of so many videos on do makeup.  I have watched many YouTube videos on makeup and have found them so helpful.   If you search "makeup tips for older women" on YouTube, you will find many videos to help.  Being older like us, I find the older women videos to be most helpful as we deal with the blemishes and wrinkles that come with older age.  And as you are doing makeup on yourself, don't be frustrated with makeup that doesn't seem to work....rather enjoy these as fun learning moments and you will find yourself evolving as you move along.  Well, thank you for letting me pontificate on my soapbox.   Best wishes and....
Heart 
Anne
Anne, thank you for replying. Oh, i don't want any unwanted attention; just the right kind of attention. I'm really wishing that Santa would leave me a pair of 42D breast forms under the tree next week. I have been watching some makeup videos, but would love to have my makeup done the first time by someone that knows what they are doing, and with my features in particular. I'm still looking for someplace similar to Janet's that i can get my makeup done the first time, and help me pickup the right makeup.

Love, Michelle
Welcome, from one Michelle to another!
(12-18-2018, 12:32 PM)Mnewman111 Wrote: Welcome, from one Michelle to another!

Why thank you dear. I do hope your day is going as lovely as mine has been so far. Except for one of my garter snap keeps coming undone. Luckily not noticeable under my 'male' (argg) jeans. If i had been wearing a skirt, i could have sat in the car and fixed it. Oh well, live and learn - don't use a garter belt with thigh high stocking that have a built-in silicon strip to help them stay up.

Kisses, Michelle