Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Old Newbie
My name is Stacia and I have been cross dressing off and on for...68 years. Late in life I have the chance...I'm taking the chance ...to edge out of the closet and, who knows, may be on my way to the complete transformation. I am breathless as I type this; now that I have tip toed in, I suddenly seem to be rushing. But: I've gone backwards several times. If I go back again it will be for good; but I'm intent on going forward today. I ordered from Janet's Closet today and set up an account. See you there sometime soon!
Hi Stacia,
Once you go down that rabbit hole as I did, there is no turning back.  Big Grin  Welcome here at the forum.  I hope you find the peace and happiness you seek as you take this journey.  As much as I desire to go through HRT and do a transformation, it would be too devastating for close family members.  Carefully consider your choices and I wish you all the best.
Heart 
Anne
Welcome Stacia!
(12-17-2018, 03:43 PM)Stacia Wrote: My name is Stacia and I have been cross dressing off and on for...68 years. Late in life I have the chance...I'm taking the chance ...to edge out of the closet and, who knows, may be on my way to the complete transformation. I am breathless as I type this; now that I have tip toed in, I suddenly seem to be rushing. But: I've gone backwards several times. If I go back again it will be for good; but I'm intent on going forward today. I ordered from Janet's Closet today and set up an account. See you there sometime soon!

12/16 :It has suddenly gone very fast. Early last week was a time of intense thinking and high emotion. This week I am on this forum and own a camisole (the bottoms of the set fit, but don't look good), panty hose and a brassiere sized for me will be delivered today or tomorrow. (What an elegant word, brassiere.) A Transformation at Janet's is on my To Do list.

(12-17-2018, 03:43 PM)Stacia Wrote: My name is Stacia and I have been cross dressing off and on for...68 years. Late in life I have the chance...I'm taking the chance ...to edge out of the closet and, who knows, may be on my way to the complete transformation. I am breathless as I type this; now that I have tip toed in, I suddenly seem to be rushing. But: I've gone backwards several times. If I go back again it will be for good; but I'm intent on going forward today. I ordered from Janet's Closet today and set up an account. See you there sometime soon!

I thought I'd be a little coy, starting off with having been a cross dresser for 68 years; no comments. My earliest recollection dates to somewhere between 3 and 4 years old, when I got my mother's lipstick, hid behind the couch and put it on. Naturally I was caught and my mother and father held me up to a mirror and laughed and giggled and make references to Halloween. I was appalled; I was confused and frightened; something more serious was at stake for me. It would fill up the forum to document all of the issues and actions resulting from confusion on my sexual identity, which is not the purpose here. Suffice to say I am excited by the prospect of getting to the point, if I can, where I can pass for female in public and I am happy and content with the steps I have taken so far. I am 71 years old and well aware that I will be a lady "of a certain age". Well, I have a flash for anyone who thinks that is weird or funny: You want very badly to be old some day, children. You want to be one of those 98 year old white heads you see hobbling down the aisle at church. That means you're alive and still value your life on this earth.
[quote pid='8324' dateline='1545242120']

I thought I'd be a little coy, starting off with having been a cross dresser for 68 years; no comments. My earliest recollection dates to somewhere between 3 and 4 years old, when I got my mother's lipstick, hid behind the couch and put it on. Naturally I was caught and my mother and father held me up to a mirror and laughed and giggled and make references to Halloween. I was appalled; I was confused and frightened; something more serious was at stake for me. It would fill up the forum to document all of the issues and actions resulting from confusion on my sexual identity, which is not the purpose here. Suffice to say I am excited by the prospect of getting to the point, if I can, where I can pass for female in public and I am happy and content with the steps I have taken so far. I am 71 years old and well aware that I will be a lady "of a certain age". Well, I have a flash for anyone who thinks that is weird or funny: You want very badly to be old some day, children. You want to be one of those 98 year old white heads you see hobbling down the aisle at church. That means you're alive and still value your life on this earth.
[/quote]
Hi Stacia,
I think no one reacted to your comment about crossdressing for 68 years because there are so many CD's of different ages here.  To all of us here, if you enjoy dressing in your 30's, 40's, 50's, me in my 60's, why wouldn't one enjoy it in their 70's or even our 80's?  Perhaps we should bestow upon you the unofficial title of Grande Dame of Janets Closet Forum. Big Grin  If there are older dressers here, we certainly welcome any and all claims to the title.  
It is sad that your parents held you up for ridicule at such an early age.  I'd like to say that the times were different back then and your folks did not know how to react in a better way, but I can't but feel that out there somewhere, the same thing is happening to some other young child.  I only hope not.  But I don't think anyone here thinks it is weird or funny and that you desire to be a matronly woman "of a certain age".  If each of us is honest to themselves, we all realize that we will eventually age to where you are at.  At 61 years old, I'm just 10 years away from you.  I'm not so sure I want to be that 98 yo hobbling down the aisle.  That touches on quality of life issues that is so personal to each of us.  That's a discussion for we ladies to get together and discuss over a glass of wine or beer.  But I enjoy dressing now at 61 and I firmly believe that I will enjoy dressing at 71 and older.  So my dear, you are not weird to any of us and we welcome you with open arms.
Heart 
Anne