Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why can't people accept us
Hi Honeys , I'm home - For all of you who are " out " , I just want to tell you how much I envy you . For all of you who are " Bi-active " I very much envy you . For those of you who ( for whatever the reason ) are still not " out " , I sympathize with you . There are only two people who know me as " Dawna " - one is my therapist , and one is someone I met two months ago and is now my best friend . We have talked about going to JC for a transformation / makeover , and she is totally supportive . Hoping that I can make it " economically feasable " in the near future . I live in a small town in southwestern Pa . and for the most part this area is still a few decades behind . In any event , take care and stay safe , Dawna .
Hi Dawna,
After reading your post, I want you to know that many of us experience the same frustration as you.   I, too, am closeted as Anne and frequently wish I could be out.   Had I not been married with children and now, having grandchildren too, I can only imagine how different my life would be had I been able to embrace my feminine side years ago.  Sadly, life's circumstances force me to spend most of my time as Anne online.  I get to experience Anne on a physical and emotional level way too infrequently.  Recently, I have come in contact with someone who has seen pictures of Anne and we have been emailing each other.   With each email, we have shared more and more information about each other although I am still not ready to completely open up to him.  Recently he has expressed deeper feelings for me as Anne and I in return.  I feel like I am becoming more and more Anne and less and less Mr. X.  We are slowly moving forward in our relationship and I hope to meet him for the first time within the next couple weeks.   It's been enjoyable to get to know someone first on an intellectual and emotional basis without any superficial physical encounter initiating all of this.  Dawna, again I say to you that I share your frustration because at times I feel free as Anne.   I'm not sure how far this relationship with this man will go but I truly know how you feel.  I hope this letter helps to ease your pain and frustration.  Please stay strong and cherish those moments in life that bring you joy.
Heart Heart Heart 
Anne
I have been 'out' now, for about 2 1/2 years. I've been to sex parties, nightclubs, bars, and out & about as a normal transwoman.
My family knows about me, and has been mostly supportive, even if they do not fully understand.
Due to my current work situation, I am NOT out there, but in all my free time, I live as Jodie.

To those still hiding in the closet, I understand your fears, and you have my sympathy and my support.

I lived in the shadows for far too long, and I sincerely hope that my hidden sisters will be able to experience the joy that I have found, in being "me"

Good Luck girls!
Before you can love another, you HAVE to love yourself first
I aim to misbehave
For what it is worth; I'd give anything/everything to have some magic fairy dust, or some little pink pill, that we could use, to change things the way we want, to changes things to the way we need them to be. But there is no 'one size fits all' solution. For the time being, the love, caring, concern, and support we give each other will have to suffice. And maybe, somewhere along the line, something one of us says, will cause the feminine spark we all have to grow brighter. Maybe even give us the key we have desperately searched for, to finally unlock that door.

For me, that key is to just punch through. I will sit and think, and cry, and then think some more. And when I figure I have thought enough; just do it! My two toughest nuts to crack will be my ex-wife and my brother. Those will be the last two that I even have any concern for. My two sons will slowly get it, so that isn't too much of a worry. But the other two have been set for too many years. So my plan is to just tell them this summer. What is the worst they can do; turn their backs on me? I have already worked out many scenarios about what can happen, so I feel pretty confident that things won't go too far off the rails. In the meantime, I keep thinking, crying, and planning.

You all are always in my thoughts. Love you all, Michelle Heart Heart
(09-14-2018, 09:47 AM)Dawna Wrote: Hi Honeys , I'm home - For all of you who are " out " , I just want to tell you how much I envy you . For all of you who are " Bi-active " I very much envy you . For those of you who ( for whatever the reason ) are still not " out " , I sympathize with you . There are only two people who know me as " Dawna " - one is my therapist , and one is someone I met two months ago and is now my best friend . We have talked about going to JC for a transformation / makeover , and she is totally supportive . Hoping that I can make it " economically feasable " in the near future . I live in a small town in southwestern Pa . and for the most part this area is still a few decades behind . In any event , take care and stay safe , Dawna .

I, myself, am still "in the closet" as far as the public-at-large, and my family/friends who only know my Male-self.  What has helped me greatly is having the LGBTQ Community Center called "The Loft" where I can be open with my Transgenderism.  I found them online (Google search), and it has been so helpful!  I can be Maria there.  Even though I haven't dressed there yet, I have the option which will help me on my journey. 

Try searching for LGBTQ Community places & support groups in your area.  They are supporting, and just what a T-girl needs: living, breathing fellow Sisters to interact with.  I'm not knocking this Forum, but it's SO much better to be in-person with other Transgender People.  At least,  that's  how I feel.
~ Maria
HeartT.G.I.F. (Thank Goodness I'm Femme!) 

"Loneliness, a constant friend and lover I know well..."
('One Step Closer' by Asia)

I wholeheartedly agree with Maria. Getting out with real flesh and blood gurls makes all the difference in the world. And this, and other, forums, help give that sense of confidence, that some of us need, so we can get out there and mingle. I know we start with little steps, but in time, those little steps become bigger, and we take them quicker; until one day, we realize we are running for that door, to throw it wide open. And then we will be free, to be who we are, and achieve what we have inside. Love, Michelle Heart Heart
I feel your frustration Dawna. And I agree with somethings that have been said here about finding friends (online or in-person) with similar thoughts, feelings, etc. Having someone to talk to that UNDERSTANDS and is not judgmental is huge. That is why I am thankful for JCF.

I wish only the best for all of you. We are all on our own journey and everyone's destination is different. I hope you find happiness and above all else...BE SAFE OUT THERE. There are alot of weirdos out there that will take advantage of our vulnerability and need to be accepted. I know there are a lot of good people too. Just be careful...please.

Jen.
Jennifer  Heart