Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fun outings ..
Hello , Ladies. Hope everyone had a good holiday.  Was out enfemme twice today. No problems or issues. Cept rocks in my flats when walking from the bus.  Went to a church location that had not been before. Heard "good morning,Maam" right away. A Christmas present!!  It was too cold, so wore slacks instead of the skirt I was planning on. Nice Red Blouse, with Black Sweater. 2.5" wedge sandals. Black Crossbody, with addl bag for the shoe changes.  First journey was over 3.5 hrs out dressed b4 getting home.  Pit stop, food, and short rest.  Not being one to waste makeup, or a set of Nice Red  Gel Nail Set- changed to Animal Print Blouse,Flat Sandals, diff Jewelry set, and went to the Mall !  No one seemed to pay attn. to me at all/no stares/comments.  Almost got clipped from behind by kid riding one of those "animal thing ride-on s "  They should make them noisier!.   Second outing was almost 2 hrs.  Prob Grandma Toni s last outings for 2017.  Browsed only briefly in two stores. No problems.  Been trying some Neutrogena Makeup Remover Towlettes (blue package) and they seem to work  good.  Happy New Year.  Toni  G..
A quick question: How much direct interaction was there, if any? I am getting much bolder, going into stores at malls and having lunch at a restaurant and even talking to people, even though I know my voice is a giveaway.
Some interaction at the ELCA place I attended.. Had multiple ushers trying to hand me a bulletin that I already had, so practiced my thank-yous. At the mall - tend to go in-and-out w/o interactions. Was only inside the busy Shoe store for few minutes. Had my pink-colored earbuds in while walking, and on the busses. Also, going on a busy day helps keep SA s engaged w/ others, so not a problem. Have done several walkabouts since that trip on the 24th. Walked to the bank and back enfemme w/o any interactions at all- did one on the 1st and got blisters from shoes that hadn't tried yet---soaked em when I got back.! Also do something that helps--I wear my large-frame Designer Shades that cover facial features, and have my girly-colored cane in one hand. Helps create that "grandma" look. Hoping to order some New Sandals soon that will work better for the 200 yds of "rough surface" that I travel to get out of here and out to the bus stop.. Fashioned a "large-enough" bag with 20" drop that works good for carrying Shoes for changes. Happy New Year.. Toni G..