Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bra Size Problem
My first bra cut into my back, leaving small cuts on both sides. Iwas frightened to death that it would be noticed and I mught be discovered. Does anyone have suggestions how to avoid any telltael marks. I even considered a light t-shirt under the bra. Are there certain styles that are less likely to cause this?

Thanks DianaK
I just bought a few new bras in preparation for a near-future purchase of new breast forms. Even though a size 40 should be fine for me, two of them felt tight at the sides. I bought bra extenders at wal-mart and they gave me a another inch or two to relieve the tension.
Davina
(07-01-2014, 04:11 PM)DianaK Wrote: My first bra cut into my back, leaving small cuts on both sides. Iwas frightened to death that it would be noticed and I mught be discovered. Does anyone have suggestions how to avoid any telltael marks. I even considered a light t-shirt under the bra. Are there certain styles that are less likely to cause this?

Thanks DianaK

It sounds like the bra was too small. A properly fitted bra wouldn't leave cuts in your skin, although it might leave impressions if it is too tight.

To properly measure for a bra, you have to understand the measuring system.
The number in a bra size, like 36B, refers to your chest measurement, that is the band size. The letter, refers to the size of the breast, with AA being the smallest and working upwards through the alphabet.

To measure your chest, using a tailors tape, circle your chest, just below the breast, or about 2 inches below the areolae. If the measurement is between two whole numbers, round up (37 1/2 would be 38)

Once you have determined the bra size, you have to decide what size boobs you want, and buy accordingly.

And, bras with straps are adjustable, with sliders to adjust to the length of your torso. That should prevent marks on your shoulders.

I hope this helps, and let's all support our girls! Smile
Before you can love another, you HAVE to love yourself first
I aim to misbehave
To expand upon Jodie Lynne's comments, make sure when you measure the band, that you are measuring just below your pectoral muscles.   You should NOT be measuring at the widest part of your chest across your nipples.  Plenty of good YouTube videos on properly measuring yourself for the band size too.  What did all of us poor CD's do when there was no internet years ago? Confused
Heart 
Anne
(04-25-2019, 04:34 PM)Anne Wrote: What did all of us poor CD's do when there was no internet years ago? Confused

We made do with what we had, doll!
Wink
Before you can love another, you HAVE to love yourself first
I aim to misbehave
What? No internet? Oh, that's right, we had books. hah ha ha ha.... I seem to remember old magazines you could get at 'those bookstores' that would tell you all about 'transformation'. But seriously, the worst one I had was sleeping with them on and wearing an underwire bra. A really stupid mistake. No breast form damage, but it did leave a skin burn under the bra. Love, Michelle Heart Heart
I went to Torrid to be proffessionally measured and fit. They are super cd friendly!!