Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions for a better Forum & Webstore!
Hi All, I hope you don't mind if I throw a few ideas out there.
For the Forums:
A more active moderation team. To eliminate/remove the spam posts, and answer questions left on the forums.

For the webstore:
1 - more views of the items. Show us how 'that' dress looks from the back, as well as the front!
2 - Updates on when out of stock items are expected to be re-stocked ( you could post that info on the Forums, AND the website for the store.
3 - An option to increase the amount of items displayed on a page. Many webstores allow you to "show all" on one page.
4 - that moving "scroll down for more' is really distracting, and perhaps unnecessary.

These are just some ideas I had to improve, the sites. But only because I care, and want to see both the forums and the store thrive.  Heart Heart Smile
@JodieLynne:

Was scouting for meat(er)'s (coded) when i came across your post and had to respond.

"1 - more views of the items. Show us how 'that' dress looks from the back, as well as the front!"
-That is a VERY good idea. To have back images in addition to front images. Should apply to ALL outfits, not just dresses.

"2 - Updates on when out of stock items are expected to be re-stocked ( you could post that info on the Forums, AND the website for the store."
-Yet another good idea. Not such a good idea about the forum though. JCF should always be kept separate from the online store.

"3 - An option to increase the amount of items displayed on a page. Many webstores allow you to "show all" on one page."
-I concur.

"4 - that moving "scroll down for more' is really distracting, and perhaps unnecessary."
-Though i agree to this, for me it's not really a big deal. Is it really neccessary? No. This animated object is in place to draw attention to a visitor to scroll down more to see more items. Most of us are trained to look to the right at the scroll bar or to just use the mouse wheel till the end of the page is reached.

Princess Tiffany Heart

Thanks for the input & support Tiffany! Smile

Just to clarify a few things:

item 1 - was meant to include a lot of products, but in the interest of saving time, I only used one item for illustration purposes.

item 2 - I don't understand your reasoning for the separation of store & forum. On many store sponsored forums I participate in, the store usually has a thread or two about upcoming events, new products, or other news regarding the particular subject matter. Sometimes, people don't always go to the on-line store and this is the sponsors way of a - updating customers, and b - drawing traffic to the webstore.

item 3 - The bouncing bar isn't really a big deal, but it is a bit distracting ( to me), and as you say, most people are familiar with the scroll bar and mouse wheel.

And again, thanks for your thoughts on this,

Regards,
Jodie