Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Human hair or not??? HELP
Ok, so I've been had several costume wigs in the past and they just get destroyed. They become tangled and get in knots and basically become garbage. I don't expect much from a $10 value village wig.
I've been wanting to get a decent wig and take care of it for quite some time. The cost difference is just crazy but I think the possibilities of real human hair sound great! For the amount that I actually dress up... 1-2 times a month maybe... should I bother with the real human hair or stick to synthetic. 

Also, I was hoping I could put the hair up into a pony tail on occasion... can I do this with synthetic also?
(11-07-2016, 11:00 PM)CaitlynCD Wrote: Ok, so I've been had several costume wigs in the past and they just get destroyed. They become tangled and get in knots and basically become garbage. I don't expect much from a $10 value village wig.
I've been wanting to get a decent wig and take care of it for quite some time. The cost difference is just crazy but I think the possibilities of real human hair sound great! For the amount that I actually dress up... 1-2 times a month maybe... should I bother with the real human hair or stick to synthetic. 

Also, I was hoping I could put the hair up into a pony tail on occasion... can I do this with synthetic also?

Hey Caitlyn,

I have to agree with Colleen. My first wig was/is a synthetic blend and quite nice and passable. However, as I am progressing now the my HRT therapy and wanting to be out more, I am finding that I want to experience different hair styles. A human hair piece allows me to go to a local LGBT friendly salon and to let the girl there experiment. It is a real rush.

Hugs,
Nicole
Just like what you yourself have experienced and shared with us, it's time for you to try out a human hair wig.

Believe me, many costume wigs really don't last because they are made almost entirely of synthetic materials and you know yourself that they can get tangled or something else weird can go wrong, so buy a human hair wig and try it out, it's not particularly expensive, probably only $70-$80, I think, if it's a budget human hair wig.

You can refer to this article if the specific differences https://www.donmily.com/blog/synthetic-a...difference

(09-01-2022, 04:21 AM)tashima_meru Wrote: Just like what you yourself have experienced and shared with us, it's time for you to try out a human hair wig.

Believe me, many costume wigs really don't last because they are made almost entirely of synthetic materials and you know yourself that they can get tangled or something else weird can go wrong, so buy a human hair wig and try it out, it's not particularly expensive, probably only $70-$80, I think, if it's a budget human hair wig.

You can refer to this article if the specific differences https://www.donmily.com/blog/synthetic-a...difference

For some cheap human hair wigs..I found some

Look at cheap headband human hair wigs for african american-Donmily
and I found the lowest price of them is $50~ I think you can easily afford them.