Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A way for more of us to meet
I hope I am not being presumptuous to post this thread, but I had an idea which is described in another thread, and I feel it's good to make a new thread so the idea isn't just a footnote in the other thread...

To whit: We who are scattered across time and space could have a meetup experience by meeting as avatars in Second Life. If you don't know what that is, google it, or ask here. I have an account there, as KellyVee. I have already met up with one of the regulars here, but so far it's just the two of us, and my schedule makes it tough for me to be in SL very much. I hope if more of us link up there we can share experiences and ideas in a way that comes very close to being a real meetup...

I wonder if this has been tried before, either in SL or some other place...I'd love to know if more of you are interested in trying this out. Here is a screenshot of me as KellyVee in Second Life. Hope to see more of us there...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

~Kelly
As Kelly stated, it is a fun real-time simulation, where we can chat, and share adventures. And, you can customize your avatar to appear as you wish!

I'm very glad I accepted Kelly's invite to join the Second Life!
JodieLynne! Next time we meet there I need to get a pic of us together, to post here!
~Kelly
Wow Colleen very nice to *meet* you, and how lovely you match with your environment there! Did you see Learning Island or Social Island? Either (and both) places offer lots of opportunity to practice moving in and interacting with your surroundings. If I think of things to share I'll send a PM. You live on the other side of the world so maybe your night and my morning will match up or the other way around...I'll be on the lookout for you. So glad you are in.
~Kelly
Well by golly I'll be there come heck or high water! I'll climb the highest river! I'll swim the deepest mountain! (or something like that....) Big Grin
~Jackie~
I hope you do it Jackie, it would be "sexcellent" to see you there!

I know it's daunting though...it takes a bit more than the standard pc setup to really navigate SL due to the high demand on the video card and the RAM...but if you can lay your hands on a not-too-old pc you could do it...*fingers crossed*
~Kelly
It'll happen girl. Believe me. Smile It will be 'sexcellent'!
~Jackie~
I was just in SL again, and found a nice place to meditate.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

~Kelly
And obviously you can get 'bear'. Lol.
~Jackie~
Ooops...what bad timing! My office sent me off on a two day trip to Pennsylvania and I left my screen shots on the home computer...arggh! But thank you Colleen for giving such a wonderful description of our fun online. And was it really five hours?!?! Time flies!! *grin* I just had a wonderful time with you Colleen and can't wait for more. And thank you for taking the lead with that Winston character who was harassing us. My nice polite approach was totally ineffective and you knew how to dispatch that guy lol.
~Kelly