Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Janets Wigs
Hey girls,
Just curious about the impressions any of you who have been to Janet's on the wig selection. There are a quite a few listed on the website, including some that are "pocketbook

friendly", but I am wondering how they look (there are no reviews for most of them). As has been stated many times before, a bad wig is a sure sign of a "guy in a dress" and can lead to less than desirable outcomes. I have a "bad wig" (it is a costume wig) and I know I can't wear this out somewhere where I may interact with others. I can wear it only in situations where I will not encounter others, plus it is very uncomfortable.
Since my "wig wearing" opportunities are fairly limited I don't want to spend a lot of money but I do want something that will look good when I can go out. Just wondering what are the "reviews" of those who have been there on how these wigs look.
Josie
(08-12-2016, 11:15 AM)Josie Wrote: Hey girls,
Just curious about the impressions any of you who have been to Janet's on the wig selection. There are a quite a few listed on the website, including some that are "pocketbook

friendly", but I am wondering how they look (there are no reviews for most of them). As has been stated many times before, a bad wig is a sure sign of a "guy in a dress" and can lead to less than desirable outcomes. I have a "bad wig" (it is a costume wig) and I know I can't wear this out somewhere where I may interact with others. I can wear it only in situations where I will not encounter others, plus it is very uncomfortable.
Since my "wig wearing" opportunities are fairly limited I don't want to spend a lot of money but I do want something that will look good when I can go out. Just wondering what are the "reviews" of those who have been there on how these wigs look.
Josie

Hello Josie,

I believe a wig is one of those items that should never be bought and never seen.

I got my piece at Janet's and it is one of the 'passable' wigs. I'm sorry but I don't recall the name of it at the moment but I will post it in a follow up later. Anyway, Roxy spent quite a bit of time with me trying on many different wigs of varying lengths and color. I finally settled on one and I love it. I have been out numerous times with it and have not yet been disappointed. It is a long blend of light to medium brown with maybe a hint of strawberry. It is comfortable and can even be styled using a low heat. Roxy even trimmed the bangs for me. I believe that I paid about a hundred bucks or so and it is a conventional wig not the lace banded. Both styles have many selections available.

I hope that this was helpful.

Hugs,
Nicole
I bought the teaser because I'm good at teasing. Just kidding like Nicole Roxy helped out. I had my heart set on another style but my head was too big lol. It was the only style that wasn't adjustable. Anyway it's dark brown which matches my natural hair if i grew it out. Lace front which I trimmed. I love it. It's a good starter as I'm a novice when it comes to styling hair. It has bangs which I went in thinking no damn bangs but after trying it on, Roxy convinced me I could rock and I have ever since. This was$50 I think.... And just kidding I'm very good at teasing
My first visit to Janet's was 12/28/16. I was so nervous. But then Danni approached me and put me right at ease. i knew I wanted to get a wig among other things. She was so calm and supportive and PATIENT. I wanted to try on almost every one!! LOL But ultimately I ended up with the Becky in a strawberry blond color. I LOVE It and it is seen in my profile picture. Thi is my 3rd wig. My other two were bought at Lovers Lane. You really need to see the wig in person and even better at JC's you can try them on. One tip Danni gave as I tried it on since I didn't not have makeup, she gave me a pair of sunglasses, it helps provide the illusion without makeup.
Good luck
xoxo
Deanna
@Deanna:

Janet's has a HUGE selection of wigs indeed. I have 3 wigs myself, 2 of them bought from Janet's and 1 made to order from China. The wigs i have from Janet's are Kona's, one chestnut auburn color, and another slightly lighter in color. I like the Kona hairpiece style\look. I like the look of how the strands of hairs are feathered off inward at the end and i also like how i can conceal my right eye too. The look\style is sexy yet classy. I tried on the Melinda, i think that's what it's called, and looked perfect with the one look that Roxy gave me (transformation). There are a few wigs Janet's has that i like. Carmen Violet\Blonde & Hot Pink, Carley Wig, Carmen Angel Breath, Harlequin Wig, Pandora Blonde/Purple/Pink, Pandora Ash Blonde, and am sure there is a few more too.

The one wig i got made to order, from China, is the Chinese version of H@rllllllL3yY QuiIIIIInNnN (coded) from the movie that came out in the summer of twenty 16 (coded). I LOVE that wig! I like the detachable pigtails and overall look of it. Costed me a good $100, worth every penny of it! I bought that wig online, website name will not be addressed in this post\forum. I do have pictures posted in my threads of my transformations wearing my Kona wigs and my "China" wig too. Now thinking about, as i find it funny, the use of the "C" word will have a a foreign search engine, Baid doo (coded), directing alot of traffic to this thread lol.

My VERY first wig i ever bought, seeing how you mentioned it, was from "the same place you bought your other two" (coded) as well. I bought mine online many years ago and it was very sexy. It was long curly hair, down just past the shoulders, and was bi-colored (pink and white). I think it costed me $40.00 at the time and i really LOVED the look of it. Of course i no longer have it anymore, got rid of it in my first purge. Though it looked really nice and fit well, i can say that the hairpieces i have purchased from Janet's are of much better quality.

Princess Tiffany Heart