Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to grow or not to grow
Hello girls, hope everyone is having a great day!

I've been thinking about hair this week, and I find my mind divided on the issue of wigs or own hair.  Obviously wigs have the advantage of letting me change my look on a whim, while also keeping me under the radar at work, etc...but I also like the idea of not having to care for an expensive collection of wigs (somehow I feel I will wind up with a fair number of wigs). Also...if I gradually show longer and longer hair to my collaeagues, this could be step one of a many step process of "coming out"....or getting outed...(as always my mind races ahead to things that are way beyond the practical horizon so I hope my rambles don't annoy to much) 

So now comes thoughts of letting my own hair get long enough to style.  All my life I have been rather conventional, not daring, not cool, never stylish, and thus have always had plain short boy styles.  The longest I ever got was just off the shoulder in the 70s, and my hair was wild and had to be tamed with scissors finally. 

But today...with my newfound agenda, I am thinking of letting it get rock star long, down my back, and the idea thrills and scares me to death.  But it could be fun to let it get long, see how it shapes up, how it behaves when it's long, and what I can do with it.

I wonder if anyone here has gone this route...if so how did it go, what did you experience...pluses minuses....I'm just wanting to hear others' thoughts about going with your own hair...

~Kelly
Hi Kelly. Good to hear from you again. I've always had long hair except for a couple of times when I was looking for a change and was always sorry I had it cut. I even remember when I'd go places with my mother people would ask if I was her daughter. (snicker) I had it down to my (sexy) rump in my rock band days and dressing up with my hair that long was an incredible rush making me feel so feminine I never wanted to stop. Lol. I have a good friend who loved giving me different styles. It's really nice being able to work with your own hair. I really wouldn't mind having a wig or two just to go with the kind of girl I want to be that particular day/night like you mentioned. If you're able to grow your hair long I think you'll enjoy your lifestyle a bit more as you can find different styles to work with and feel just a bit more girly. I hoped this helped you and really hope to talk to you soon. I'll be posting pics of 'Jacqueline' soon.
~Jackie~
Hi Jackie!  Thanks for sharing your experience, I enjoyed finding that out about you.  I do look forward to some pics if you get a chance...and oh btw...I just love your avatar don't stress crossdress, very fun!
~Kelly
Thank you Kelly. I really enjoy talking to you and am happy to share my experiences. I also remember when I was young that my sister would get a kick out of finding goofy hairstyles for me to show my mom and they'd get a good laugh from them. I kind of new then that I was a bit different from the other boys in my neighborhood. I liked having my sister do that and we're still very close.
~Jackie~
Smiling here, loving all that about your sister and mom, Jackie. I've always known I was different too, but somehow it never occurred to me why I was different. Perhaps because I have no sisters, maybe if I had, things would have gone differently...(shrug)

Anyway, since my mind has been on guys with long hair I have been noticing that all the men I know now who sport long hair also have some form of facial hair, like a goatee or full beard, or mustache...and I wonder if this is by design, as if they like having long hair but feel a need to assert their straightness somehow.... IDK ... Just speculations...

But I am pretty sure I am about to just let my hair grow now, and I will NOT be letting my face get hairy at all.
~Kelly
Let it grow girl! I have and have had long hair and at times the ol' razor would be 'outta sight, outta mind' but eventually the woman inside of me would take over and tell me to shave. I keep clean shaven all the time now.
~Jackie~
That's it, Jackie! From this day forward, no more haircuts...I was resolved to do this anyway but your responses here really got me motivated!
~Kelly
Woohoo! You go girl! Roar!
~Jackie~
Colleen I am not sure at the moment what the prognosis is for my hair. In my teens and 20s when I had longer hair it was somewhat wavy. I think I inherited my maternal grandfather's dense carpet and I am eager to let it grow to see what mojo might still be there. I am also quite grey, but in my mind's eye I think I will aim for a look I saw often when I lived out west (Rocky Mountain country)...older women, strong from hard work, always in pants and work shirts, with luxurious braids of grey and even white hair. A frontier look I suppose.

That's my theory of the moment....but I really need to just see what works, as I try out different things in my journey.

Oh, about the styling skills....I'll have to teach myself....or make new friends who can teach me. Frontier style...

[edit] oh! forgot to mention...I do wonder about wigs when I am letting my hair get longer...I am sure there is a limit to how much hair you can stuff up inside a wig...are there statistics on this? I mean...what is the experience among the girls here, with stuffing hair under a wig? (because even if I do want to work with my own hair I still might need to wig out from time to time)
~Kelly
Fantastic, Colleen, great info.
~Kelly