Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Nails...
Just wondering if anyone here knows if there is a re-usable way to put on false nails??? I can only wear them for about an hour or two when I get my "she time". I need to be able to take them off without much hassle, or time! And would like to be able to re-use them! Hope someone might have some input!
Kara Heart
(05-03-2016, 09:23 PM)Colleen Wrote: Hi Kara (and interested 'girls')!

Sorry to take so long to respond to your post, but I have been overseas and only looking at the forum from afar.
As Robyn has said, I and others have posted a number of tips regarding false nails throughout the forum which you can view if you haven't already.

I offer the following tips / information for your consideration also, with some of the nail accessories available shown in the photo below...

There are several brands of stick on nails available, with the most common brands being (and the ones that I use) 'Express' (far left) and 'Press & Go' which are peel and press.... come in a huge range of designs and two or three lengths. Can sometimes be used more than once without using adhesive tabs depending on how long you have worn them for. Easy to attach and remove. Can be used numerous times using adhesive nail tabs.

JC's have the 'Quick Nail Adhesive Dots' available in their range which work fine but can be a little difficult to remove from their backing paper when placing on the nail. I have found the 'Nailene' Ultra Adhesive tabs more user friendly and if the nails are removed carefully you can sometimes use the tabs more than once to adhere your nails.

I also use the adhesive tabs to attach false nails rather than the adhesive glue which is provided. This avoids damage that can be caused to your natural nails by gluing false nails on which is a process more akin to long wear rather than short wear periods more suited to our needs. You can then apply nail polish of your choice and wear them many times over.

Hope this info is useful.... happy to answer any questions 'girls!'

Part of my nail accessories collection in my make-up case:

H & K
Colleen
xxx

Colleen,
Thank you for the info! The stuff you recommend that is not from Janets... can that be ordered from somewhere, or do I need to suck it up and go to a store? If so where? (either way on-line or which store would you recommend?). 

Kara