Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New boy cut look - what do you prefer? long or short?
Hi girls,
So I got myself a new wig.  Given my age, I didn't feel that long hair would look right on an older gal.  And I felt like dark hair would look too youthful on me.  So I went with a short cut in grey.   I like how it looks although I think it might be a bit too short?  I will definitely get another wig down the road only I think it'll be a wavy style and just a tad longer.   Also, I think I'll go with something that will be more of a brown/blonde blended look to be just a bit more youthful.   So I'm curious to know your thoughts on what makes a good looking hairstyle for yourselves out there.
Love and respect,
Anne

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-09-2018, 06:40 PM)Anne Wrote: Hi girls,
So I got myself a new wig.  Given my age, I didn't feel that long hair would look right on an older gal.  And I felt like dark hair would look too youthful on me.  So I went with a short cut in grey.   I like how it looks although I think it might be a bit too short?  I will definitely get another wig down the road only I think it'll be a wavy style and just a tad longer.   Also, I think I'll go with something that will be more of a brown/blonde blended look to be just a bit more youthful.   So I'm curious to know your thoughts on what makes a good looking hairstyle for yourselves out there.
Love and respect,
Anne
Anne, granted it is my first wig, and I'm still trying to figure out how to best get it on - correctly. But i have always liked longer hair, and considering my age as well, somewhat grey. I don't want half way to my butt long, but just above the shoulders long. Heart  Michelle
Anne...
IMHO you are putting too much emphasis on age and therefore grey hair. Just guessing that percentage of women over 60 who dye their hair is approximately 97% (subject to audit)....also imho grey hair for women is largely a signal....I'm done with this, I'm not trying to attract anyone, just living it out....

Michelle

On a different note, I appreciate how active you are on this forum....like the chairwoman...thanks!
Yes, I concur with Michelle as well. All in favor of Anne being our de facto Chairwoman say "aye". The votes are counted, the 'ayes' have it unanimously. Madam Chairwoman you have the gavel. Hmmmm, I wonder what she has under those robes? Something delicious I suspect..... Heart  Michelle

But as far as wigs, my first (and only one) is a 50/50 grey/black short one from Janet's. I think as I 'mature', I may actually look for one with a bit longer locks.
Cue the music....My Way by Frank Sinatra  Angel
Heart 
Anne
I think the cut and color are very right for you. Coloring is a tricky subject in terms of broadcasting messages on desire and interest. You wear it naturally and look “very fine” in your two full length pics.

I went to mostly gray wigs to go with the skin and overall look. I am tall and have tried both shoulder length and a short cut like your pic. Can’t decide, so I alternate. One thing...quality and care make a difference. If it is a one party gig, the inexpensive ones will get you throught the night. But for the longer timeframe, the added investment is worth it.

Agree, as a new member here, Anne is great and very helpful.
(01-04-2019, 05:48 AM)Aden Wrote: I think the cut and color are very right for you. Coloring is a tricky subject in terms of broadcasting messages on desire and interest. You wear it naturally and look “very fine” in your two full length pics.

I went to mostly gray wigs to go with the skin and overall look. I am tall and have tried both shoulder length and a short cut like your pic. Can’t decide, so I alternate. One thing...quality and care make a difference. If it is a one party gig, the inexpensive ones will get you throught the night. But for the longer timeframe, the added investment is worth it.

Agree, as a new member here, Anne is great and very helpful.
I must say I went for quality on that wig.  I got it from wigsis.com for $150 (on sale).  I agree with you wholeheartedly that quality is the way to go when one is looking at the long term.  I had previously bought a cheap $30 synthetic wig from a party store that was not quite shoulder length and a dark brunette.  It look fabulous on the model on the box cover but I looked ridiculous in it.  Get the right wig for your age and skin tone and you look great....get the wrong wig and well.....
Heart 
Anne
Anne, sweetie, you'd look fabulous with a mop on your head. You have a body I'd give anything for. But i digress (as usual - this gurl's mind drifts easily). Yep, as a first wig, I went with something inexpensive. I will be having my first makeover/makeup lesson later this month, and hopefully, she can help me figure out what the best makeup, and hair style, I need for my face and body type. Love ya, Michelle
(01-04-2019, 08:20 AM)MichelleL Wrote: Anne, sweetie, you'd look fabulous with a mop on your head. You have a body I'd give anything for. But i digress (as usual - this gurl's mind drifts easily). Yep, as a first wig, I went with something inexpensive. I will be having my first makeover/makeup lesson later this month, and hopefully, she can help me figure out what the best makeup, and hair style, I need for my face and body type. Love ya, Michelle

I am so excited for you.  I hope you take lots of pics and share with all of us.  Looking forward to seeing your fab look.  Heart   

I think we all have done the inexpensive route as we all have explored the crossdresser world on our self journeys.  My comment is not intended to bash anyone who does as I truly understand that some do so out of financial necessity.  May all find love, peace and happiness on their journey of self-discovery.
Heart 
Anne
You look gorgeous Anne. Work it gurl....Work it....lol

Jen
Jennifer  Heart