Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some honest advise
(08-05-2018, 03:26 PM)michelle.busty Wrote: So you girls were correct.  I made the trip to JC on Friday....I dressed in a jumpsuit, white blouse over, black patent flats...no wig, no makeup. Nothing.  Got there at about opening and I was the only one there, except for the UPS guy who seemed to be lingering.  Nevertheless, I persisted.  The girls were as advertised---friendly, non-judgemental and helpful.  The main mission was a wig that I couldn't screw up too much, like I did with the first one.  With help, chose a longish bob...about to the base of my neck.  As an added bonus, I was able to replace one (meaning just one, not a pair) of my breast forms which had split. As she was ringing me out, she began to box up the wig, but when I said I'd wear it she was quite pleased.  Drove back with the windows down, hair blowing.  Even stopped on the side of 75 to get something from the truck, and to take off the blouse cover up.  Lots of trucks on that road and in that right lane....
Just can't resist taking a risk....

VERY CUTE!!
Jennifer  Heart  
(08-08-2018, 03:37 PM)JenniferIN Wrote:
(08-05-2018, 03:26 PM)michelle.busty Wrote: So you girls were correct.  I made the trip to JC on Friday....I dressed in a jumpsuit, white blouse over, black patent flats...no wig, no makeup. Nothing.  Got there at about opening and I was the only one there, except for the UPS guy who seemed to be lingering.  Nevertheless, I persisted.  The girls were as advertised---friendly, non-judgemental and helpful.  The main mission was a wig that I couldn't screw up too much, like I did with the first one.  With help, chose a longish bob...about to the base of my neck.  As an added bonus, I was able to replace one (meaning just one, not a pair) of my breast forms which had split. As she was ringing me out, she began to box up the wig, but when I said I'd wear it she was quite pleased.  Drove back with the windows down, hair blowing.  Even stopped on the side of 75 to get something from the truck, and to take off the blouse cover up.  Lots of trucks on that road and in that right lane....
Just can't resist taking a risk....

VERY CUTE!!
Thank you, Jen. Your opinion means a lot
I like the shorter bob styles myself, like the one you picked.

I have four wigs. Two long and two shoulder length and all straight hair. I just really like straight hair over the curls. The straight hair seems to look better on me. I envy the gurls who can pull off curls....I cannot.

The longer hair is definitely more to manage and take care of and I always seem to have snags and split ends no matter how much I brush. Oh well......

I really like the style you selected and the color is awesome. I hope now that you have had it awhile, you like it even more than when you got it.

Hugs
Jen
Jennifer  Heart  
Michelle, I have never been to Janet's, but every time I have spoken with them, it has been wonderful. I'm glad you had a wonderful time. When I go for my makeover in a couple of weeks, I'm planning on going with tight black leggings on under my pants. Then take the pants off en-route, and slip on some heels when I get there. I do not want to have an accident driving in heels. I'm also thinking of having a bra on under a sweatshirt, and slip in my breast forms as well. My wig is a fairly simple one, so I can slip that on as well. I sure hope I don't get pulled over though. That could be embarrassing. Heart  Michelle