Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sepia Kona Wigs
Hi girls, has anyone bought, or otherwise had experience with the "Sepia Kona" wigs they are selling here for $29.95?
How do they look and feel, are they cheap looking, or decent?
 Thanks!
 Amy
(06-26-2020, 06:00 PM)CanuckGirl Wrote: Hi girls, has anyone bought, or otherwise had experience with the "Sepia Kona" wigs they are selling here for $29.95?
How do they look and feel, are they cheap looking, or decent?
 Thanks!
 Amy
Hi Amy - I have not had any experience with the wig you are referring to.  I saw it on the website and it looks okay.  However, in my opinion, a wig is very important if you are a crossdresser who wants to go out in the public.  This is an item, I don’t buy cheap.  I usually spend over $200 for a quality wig, and sometimes more.  A cheap wig can out you very easily in my opinion.  If possible also go to Janet’s or a wig store and actually try on wigs and get the best one for you.  Here is a photo of me in a wig I purchased at Janet’s.  Good luck!  Hugs, Suzy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Amy...I have no experience with the Sepia Kona wigs.  I have my concerns regarding how good of a wig you are going to get for $30.  I don't think Janets would appreciate my saying it, but I bought my wig from www.wigsis.com.  I spent $150 for a high quality synthetic wig and I love it.  If you are just wearing it around the house, that is one thing, but I have a feeling it would not be suitable for wearing in public without risk of being outed if that is a concern for you.
Heart 
Anne
Thanks, Ladies. You are all likely correct. There is only so much quality in a $30. wig. The one I usually wear cost me about $175. or so. Lace front, and though synthetic, much more realistic looking hair than the cheaper one I also have.

I was just thinking of experimenting with being blonde for a change, and didn't want to spend too much in case I hate the look of myself as blonde. If I like the look, then I'd want to buy a better one to go out, which I do (well, you know, used to) on a regular basis.
The other thing is being in Canada, the exchange rate is terrible to buy out of the US, so by the time I get shipping and exchange I'd be up around $60-70.

Thanks again!
Amy
Well girls, I can't believe it was over a year ago I started this thread! I did buy one of the Sepia Kona wigs from Janet's, but in what they call a light auburn. There's a picture or two posted here wearing it. Most who have seen it tell me it looks good on me, though I need to do makeup and brows differently I think.
So as far as the quality of the wig goes it's decent, however it is not up to passing standard. So for staying at home, or in a private party kind of setting it would be fine, and it seems to photograph well, but not if you want to go out en femme and pass.
As a learning experience I am happy with it and will use it a bit, then perhaps buy a better quality one if I decide to make that my new colour in a while.
Right now you could say that I'm solidly in my blonde phase!
Amy