Janet's Closet Forum
Hi Everyone :) - Printable Version

+- Janet's Closet Forum (https://forums.janetscloset.com)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://forums.janetscloset.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://forums.janetscloset.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Hi Everyone :) (/showthread.php?tid=5053)

Hi Everyone :) - vivianalakes - 01-01-2020

Hello gurls!

I'm so happy to have found this site! I'm a complete newbie here to the world of cross-dressing, and I just wanted to say that I think it's wonderful that a community forum like this exists. I'm 34 years old, living in NYC, and I've been getting more and more interested in dressing up over the past few years. I want this year to be the time I finally take the plunge, but I don't even know were to begin! I know next to nothing so I was wondering if I can get any guidance from you fabulous ladies. What should I buy to start? Wig, makeup, shoes, a dress, underwear, etc? Is there some sort of a beginner's kit for lack of a better term?

I love the thought of wearing short-skirt dresses and just feeling/looking sexy with a bit of a sissy vibe. Size-wise, I'm about 5'7 and 140lbs (well maybe 145lbs now after the holidays Big Grin ) and brown hair/eyes. I'm a bit nervous about it all, but it would be a dream come true to finally move forward with it. I appreciate any and all advice and words of support. Thank you, and happy new year to you all! xoxo

RE: Hi Everyone :) - Anne - 01-02-2020

Hi Vivian.  It's Vivian, right?  I want to guess you are maybe Greek heritage with Alakes as a last name but I could be totally off.
Great advice by Stephanie.  For me, I knew for years that I wanted to dress up and be a woman but I suppressed those feelings until 2-1/2 years ago and I plunged down the rabbit hole.  So for me, I bought the necessary things needed, from Janets Closet (no, I am not an employee), to get the shape and form down.  I bought silicone breast forms right away (the kind you can glue on your chest with medical glue from Janets), underwear with hip pads and butt pads, panties, pocket bras, a corset.  Then I went to my nearby Walmart and Target stores to get makeup...and to Kohls for clothes.  It can be a big expense doing it the way I did, but I was all in.  Think carefully about what you want to do as mistakes can be expensive.  If you have any questions for the ladies here....eg maybe whether any of us have experience with a particular item...ask and we'll answer if we can.

RE: Hi Everyone :) - Suzy - 01-02-2020

(01-01-2020, 10:01 PM)vivianalakes Wrote: Hello gurls!

I'm so happy to have found this site! I'm a complete newbie here to the world of cross-dressing, and I just wanted to say that I think it's wonderful that a community forum like this exists. I'm 34 years old, living in NYC, and I've been getting more and more interested in dressing up over the past few years. I want this year to be the time I finally take the plunge, but I don't even know were to begin! I know next to nothing so I was wondering if I can get any guidance from you fabulous ladies. What should I buy to start? Wig, makeup, shoes, a dress, underwear, etc? Is there some sort of a beginner's kit for lack of a better term?

I love the thought of wearing short-skirt dresses and just feeling/looking sexy with a bit of a sissy vibe. Size-wise, I'm about 5'7 and 140lbs (well maybe 145lbs now after the holidays Big Grin ) and brown hair/eyes. I'm a bit nervous about it all, but it would be a dream come true to finally move forward with it. I appreciate any and all advice and words of support. Thank you, and happy new year to you all! xoxo

Hi Vivian and welcome!  I’m a little different than a lot of the ladies on this forum.  I’m about your size, which is perfect for women’s clothes.  I wasn’t today shopping enfemme and never had a problem.  You just need to do it to gain confidence.  And if your serious, spend money on a good wig!  I.e., not a cheap one!  The clothes will come.  And if your like me, I like tights and very tight jeans.  Get a gaff from Janet’s.  Otherwise, I do all my shopping at the normal places like Macy’s, Kohl’s, JC Penney, etc.  just try to blend in as any other woman you would see out shopping!  You can see some of my pics in some earlier posts on this forum.  I live as a female now pretty much 24/7!  Have fun,  HUGS, Suzy

RE: Hi Everyone :) - vivianalakes - 01-02-2020

Stephanie, Anne, and Suzy--

Thank YOU so much for the warm welcome! It's so uplifting to see you ladies out there living your true lives. It definitely gives me courage to forge ahead. I think right now I'll want to start with just dressing for myself and maybe a male partner in private. I know that there are so many cute things I want to buy! But I will begin slow. So far, I think I want to get a nice wig/wig cap?, a tight dress, some makeup, maybe fishnet stockings, and some boots or heels. I didn't even think about jewelry! But I think a few items will be a good touch.

I'll poke around the forum, but if any of you recommend any must-have makeup items and perhaps some tutorials, I'd be grateful. I'm Latina/Italian heritage but relatively light skin tone (think Courteney Cox since I have dark brown hair). I really want to look pretty, or at least try lol. I know that with time, I'll get it. I'm so glad for each of you beautiful ladies and thank you again for being so kind <3

-Viviana

RE: Hi Everyone :) - MichelleL - 01-03-2020

'Vera Wylde" has an excellent YouTube channel. She has 43 'Tips for Beginners', and quite a few others. I use a program called "Free You Tube Downloader" to download the videos to my PC so I can watch them anytime, and anywhere, I want to. Hugs, Michelle Heart Heart