Janet's Closet Forum
Rhinoplasty - Getting my nose fixed and reduced - Printable Version

+- Janet's Closet Forum (https://forums.janetscloset.com)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://forums.janetscloset.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Janet's Lounge (https://forums.janetscloset.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Rhinoplasty - Getting my nose fixed and reduced (/showthread.php?tid=4866)

Pages: 1 2 3

Rhinoplasty - Getting my nose fixed and reduced - Anne - 04-03-2019

I received great news yesterday.  After several appeals, the insurance company has agreed to pay for the surgery to have my nose rebroken, set straight, septum fixed...and I am having it reduced to look more ladylike.  If you saw me up close (zoom in my pics on my face and you will see), it is very noticeable the severe injury I suffered in a pond hockey ice skating accident years ago.  In a collision I took a skate blade across the bridge of my nose, crushing one side of my nose and pushing it to the side.  Emergency surgery at that time closed the wound but left my nose semi-functional for breathing and looking horrendous.  My desire to feminize my features inspired me to seek to have this done.  The surgeon will rebreak the nose to reset it, file down the bridge to ensure it is smooth, transfer cartilage from another part of my body to fill in the impacted/crushed bone area to smooth it out, repair the septum, and reduce the large bulbous front part of my nose.   Surgery is scheduled for April 26th.  Recovery will be a bit tough to deal with but I am determined to do this and so look forward to a pretty nose.   This process has been ongoing since my initial consultation in November 2018 and it took this long after several appeals from my surgeon and his office.   I didn't post anything until now until I was sure the surgery was going to happen.  I have a pre-op meeting with the surgeon to review what he will be doing on April 17th.

RE: Rhinoplasty - Getting my nose fixed and reduced - Dawna - 04-03-2019

(04-03-2019, 07:57 AM)Anne Wrote: I received great news yesterday.  After several appeals, the insurance company has agreed to pay for the surgery to have my nose rebroken, set straight, septum fixed...and I am having it reduced to look more ladylike.  If you saw me up close (zoom in my pics on my face and you will see), it is very noticeable the severe injury I suffered in a pond hockey ice skating accident years ago.  In a collision I took a skate blade across the bridge of my nose, crushing one side of my nose and pushing it to the side.  Emergency surgery at that time closed the wound but left my nose semi-functional for breathing and looking horrendous.  My desire to feminize my features inspired me to seek to have this done.  The surgeon will rebreak the nose to reset it, file down the bridge to ensure it is smooth, transfer cartilage from another part of my body to fill in the impacted/crushed bone area to smooth it out, repair the septum, and reduce the large bulbous front part of my nose.   Surgery is scheduled for April 26th.  Recovery will be a bit tough to deal with but I am determined to do this and so look forward to a pretty nose.   This process has been ongoing since my initial consultation in November 2018 and it took this long after several appeals from my surgeon and his office.   I didn't post anything until now until I was sure the surgery was going to happen.  I have a pre-op meeting with the surgeon to review what he will be doing on April 17th.

Hey Anne - good luck on your surgery ; I hope that all goes well . I had a friend who had that done a few years ago - he had a hard time deciding what he wanted the final results to look like . He said he never would have thought that it would be so hard to pick his nose .

RE: Rhinoplasty - Getting my nose fixed and reduced - Anne - 04-03-2019

Thanks Dawna. Looking forward to the results but not the recovery

RE: Rhinoplasty - Getting my nose fixed and reduced - MichelleL - 04-03-2019

Anne, hope all goes well, and I'm sure you'll do fine. Just something to make you even more lovable. Hmmm, I wasn't aware you could be more lovable. Love ya, Michelle Heart Heart

RE: Rhinoplasty - Getting my nose fixed and reduced - Anne - 04-27-2019

(04-03-2019, 09:11 AM)Dawna Wrote:
(04-03-2019, 07:57 AM)Anne Wrote: I received great news yesterday.  After several appeals, the insurance company has agreed to pay for the surgery to have my nose rebroken, set straight, septum fixed...and I am having it reduced to look more ladylike.  If you saw me up close (zoom in my pics on my face and you will see), it is very noticeable the severe injury I suffered in a pond hockey ice skating accident years ago.  In a collision I took a skate blade across the bridge of my nose, crushing one side of my nose and pushing it to the side.  Emergency surgery at that time closed the wound but left my nose semi-functional for breathing and looking horrendous.  My desire to feminize my features inspired me to seek to have this done.  The surgeon will rebreak the nose to reset it, file down the bridge to ensure it is smooth, transfer cartilage from another part of my body to fill in the impacted/crushed bone area to smooth it out, repair the septum, and reduce the large bulbous front part of my nose.   Surgery is scheduled for April 26th.  Recovery will be a bit tough to deal with but I am determined to do this and so look forward to a pretty nose.   This process has been ongoing since my initial consultation in November 2018 and it took this long after several appeals from my surgeon and his office.   I didn't post anything until now until I was sure the surgery was going to happen.  I have a pre-op meeting with the surgeon to review what he will be doing on April 17th.

Hey Anne - good luck on your surgery ; I hope that all goes well . I had a friend who had that done a few years ago - he had a hard time deciding what he wanted the final results to look like . He said he never would have thought that it would be so hard to pick his nose .

Hi Dawna....thought I would give you an update on my surgery I had yesterday, Friday.   In and out as an outpatient.  At 7:30 am I was under the knife (or whatever it is they use these days.   Do they even use knives/scalpels anymore?) and done by 10:00 am.  By 12:30 pm I was home.  The surgeon said it went very well.  He rebroke my nose to reset/straighten it.  He filed down the bridge of my nose to ensure there was a smooth transition along the nose, he repaired a deviated septum and used some of the cartilage from that to fill in the dent/cavity where the skate blade had crushed my nose years ago.  He did a little fixing at the front/tip of my nose to make it look better.   Shazam!!!  I am a new gurl.  Well, I hope so anyway.  I'm wearing a nose splint to protect my nose until I see the surgeon for my post op checkup this coming Wednesday, May 1st when he will remove it.  I really won't see the final results until the swelling goes down a few weeks from now.  I'm aware that there is a dull, achy, sensitive pain emanating from within but nothing bad.  But is my nose ever sensitive if I touch it.  But of course I shouldn't touch it so I don't (just once to check it out....mistake  Sad ).   Cannot wait for the weeks to go by so I can see the final result.
Hugs,
Anne

RE: Rhinoplasty - Getting my nose fixed and reduced - MichelleL - 04-27-2019

I must have missed the hockey injury part. Silly girl, boys play hockey. We just 'take care of them' afterwards.... Anyway, I'm sure you will have a beautiful and kissable sexy nose when all is said and done. Love, Michelle Heart Heart

RE: Rhinoplasty - Getting my nose fixed and reduced - Suzy - 04-27-2019

Hi Anne - great news for you! Good luck with your surgery, I’m sure it will turn out fabulous!  I’m also going in for consultation in a week regarding a neck lift to get rid of loose skin I have.  I’m going to tell the doc I don’t want an Adam’s apple but a more feminine neck line.  Should be fun!

RE: Rhinoplasty - Getting my nose fixed and reduced - Davina Stone - 04-27-2019

What a price to pay for beauty. All I have is an umbilical hernia that needs a repair, won't help me feminize....

What a price to pay for beauty. All I have is an umbilical hernia that needs a repair, won't help me feminize....

RE: Rhinoplasty - Getting my nose fixed and reduced - Anne - 04-28-2019

(04-27-2019, 09:23 AM)Suzy Wrote:
Hi Anne - great news for you! Good luck with your surgery, I’m sure it will turn out fabulous!  I’m also going in for consultation in a week regarding a neck lift to get rid of loose skin I have.  I’m going to tell the doc I don’t want an Adam’s apple but a more feminine neck line.  Should be fun!
Hi suzy, it's amazing how a neck lift can make one look so much younger.  And Adam's Apple's are such a guy thing.  You never see that on GG's so why do we get them?  I hope you can achieve all that you are looking to do.  Let us know how the consultation goes for you.

(04-27-2019, 08:31 AM)MichelleL Wrote: I must have missed the hockey injury part. Silly girl, boys play hockey. We just 'take care of them' afterwards.... Anyway, I'm sure you will have a beautiful and kissable sexy nose when all is said and done. Love, Michelle Heart Heart

All I can say is that it was a phase I was going through.   Blush  If all goes as planned, I am hoping to do one of those transformations in September with a local outfit.   Then I can post some new pics and show off my new nose then.

(04-27-2019, 04:29 PM)Davina Stone Wrote:

Hi Davina....I'm sure you will have the best, most feminine looking repaired hernia when it's all done.   Big Grin   Positive thoughts!!!  Positive thoughts!!

RE: Rhinoplasty - Getting my nose fixed and reduced - Davina Stone - 04-28-2019

(04-28-2019, 07:11 AM)Anne Wrote:
(04-27-2019, 09:23 AM)Suzy Wrote:
Hi suzy, it's amazing how a neck lift can make one look so much younger.  And Adam's Apple's are such a guy thing.  You never see that on GG's so why do we get them?  I hope you can achieve all that you are looking to do.  Let us know how the consultation goes for you.

(04-27-2019, 08:31 AM)MichelleL Wrote: I must have missed the hockey injury part. Silly girl, boys play hockey. We just 'take care of them' afterwards.... Anyway, I'm sure you will have a beautiful and kissable sexy nose when all is said and done. Love, Michelle Heart Heart

All I can say is that it was a phase I was going through.   Blush  If all goes as planned, I am hoping to do one of those transformations in September with a local outfit.   Then I can post some new pics and show off my new nose then.

(04-27-2019, 04:29 PM)Davina Stone Wrote:

Hi Davina....I'm sure you will have the best, most feminine looking repaired hernia when it's all done.   Big Grin   Positive thoughts!!!  Positive thoughts!!
While walking the dogs today it occurred to me: With the hernia being on my unshaven belly, it won't be femme initially, but at least a patch will be shaven. But then I should ask the surgeon to put the her in herniorrhaphy!