Janet's Closet Forum
Mom and I go shopping - Printable Version

+- Janet's Closet Forum (https://forums.janetscloset.com)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://forums.janetscloset.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Janet's Lounge (https://forums.janetscloset.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Mom and I go shopping (/showthread.php?tid=4811)

Pages: 1 2

Mom and I go shopping - MichelleL - 02-02-2019

Well ladies, today my mother and I go shopping. In public; with me dressed. We're going to Kohl's for a dress, jewelry, and some tops, and Soma's for bras and panties, and then a late lunch at Red Lobster. So, it will either go well, and people will be accepting, or horribly wrong and jerks will call me derogatory names, or somewhere in between. Or, maybe, just maybe, I will catch the eye of some nice gentleman. Now that would be sweet. I'll probably faint. Oh, I so hope it goes well. Please wish us luck. Oh, my mom called me last night to see if I had a jacket. Unfortunately all I have is my big winter coat, but she wants me to see if one of her old one's will fit. My mom is the best, and I am so thankful for her in my life. I love her so much. Love you all, Michelle Heart Heart 

PS, I'll be sure to post an update when we are done and back home.

RE: Mom and I go shopping - Dawna - 02-02-2019

(02-02-2019, 05:36 AM)MichelleL Wrote: Well ladies, today my mother and I go shopping. In public; with me dressed. We're going to Kohl's for a dress, jewelry, and some tops, and Soma's for bras and panties, and then a late lunch at Red Lobster. So, it will either go well, and people will be accepting, or horribly wrong and jerks will call me derogatory names, or somewhere in between. Or, maybe, just maybe, I will catch the eye of some nice gentleman. Now that would be sweet. I'll probably faint. Oh, I so hope it goes well. Please wish us luck. Oh, my mom called me last night to see if I had a jacket. Unfortunately all I have is my big winter coat, but she wants me to see if one of her old one's will fit. My mom is the best, and I am so thankful for her in my life. I love her so much. Love you all, Michelle Heart Heart 

PS, I'll be sure to post an update when we are done and back home.

Michelle , I am SOO Jealous of you !! I also envy you . Enjoy your shopping and happy undie shopping , Dawna.

RE: Mom and I go shopping - LM-Maria - 02-02-2019

I hope all goes well for you, Michelle.  Enjoy your time with Mom! Heart

RE: Mom and I go shopping - MichelleL - 02-02-2019

OMG, OMG, OMG....... Talk about a fabulous time. My mom had a women's winter coat for me. And I drove with pumps on for the first time. We when to Kohl's and I tried on some dresses, in the women's dressing room. And I went to the ladies room for the very first time. None of the other ladies said a word. The salesgirl commented that she really liked my nail polish. I told her I was transgender, she knew, but it wasn't a problem. And we talked about my nail polish, and where I got it.

Next stop was Soma's to get properly fitted for a bra. We walked through the door, and the sales lady looked up and said, "welcome ladies". I was recognized as a woman. So the sales lady and I go into a fitting room so she can fit me for a bra. I explained I was transgender and she was great. Until I told her, and took off my bra, she thought my breast forms were implants. Kudos to Janet's, cuz that's where these babies came from. She was very helpful and measured me and had me try on several bras. Turns out she was the manager, and was insistent that I come back.

Next was Red Lobster for lunch. We sat along with all the other customers, and no issues. Just two women out for lunch. The waitress was great, and we had a great time. I even went to the restroom there, along with other women. No one said anything, used the toilet, washed our hands, and out the door.

I guess the world, or at least my little bit, is more accepting than I thought. I guess they deserve more credit. I know there are still pea brained idiots out there, and nothing will change that. But my mother and I had a wonderful time. Oh, she even made sure to call me Michelle. Even the Manager at Soma's asked if I wanted to be registered as Michelle.

Now to just lay in a nice hot tube and have a man massage my back and tired feet. I mean, besides what is between their legs, they have to be good for something..... Love you all, Michelle Heart Heart

RE: Mom and I go shopping - Anne - 02-03-2019

How wonderful that the two of you could enjoy such a special day together....and getting to shop for fun things too.  I'm sure you'll get to share more special days.  Enjoy and celebrate!!!  Heart Heart

RE: Mom and I go shopping - Dawna - 02-04-2019

(02-02-2019, 03:54 PM)MichelleL Wrote: OMG, OMG, OMG....... Talk about a fabulous time. My mom had a women's winter coat for me. And I drove with pumps on for the first time. We when to Kohl's and I tried on some dresses, in the women's dressing room. And I went to the ladies room for the very first time. None of the other ladies said a word. The salesgirl commented that she really liked my nail polish. I told her I was transgender, she knew, but it wasn't a problem. And we talked about my nail polish, and where I got it.

Next stop was Soma's to get properly fitted for a bra. We walked through the door, and the sales lady looked up and said, "welcome ladies". I was recognized as a woman. So the sales lady and I go into a fitting room so she can fit me for a bra. I explained I was transgender and she was great. Until I told her, and took off my bra, she thought my breast forms were implants. Kudos to Janet's, cuz that's where these babies came from. She was very helpful and measured me and had me try on several bras. Turns out she was the manager, and was insistent that I come back.

Next was Red Lobster for lunch. We sat along with all the other customers, and no issues. Just two women out for lunch. The waitress was great, and we had a great time. I even went to the restroom there, along with other women. No one said anything, used the toilet, washed our hands, and out the door.

I guess the world, or at least my little bit, is more accepting than I thought. I guess they deserve more credit. I know there are still pea brained idiots out there, and nothing will change that. But my mother and I had a wonderful time. Oh, she even made sure to call me Michelle. Even the Manager at Soma's asked if I wanted to be registered as Michelle.

Now to just lay in a nice hot tube and have a man massage my back and tired feet. I mean, besides what is between their legs, they have to be good for something..... Love you all, Michelle Heart Heart
WAY TO GO MICHELLE!!!!!I'm hoping that I get the same treatment/reaction when I go for my makeover/transformation . With my luck , some clown is going to say something stupid and then I will have to put him down for the count . You mentioned " pea-brained idiots " - in this area we call them politicians . Until next time take care and stay safe . Kissy , kissy , dawna .

RE: Mom and I go shopping - LM-Maria - 02-04-2019

Michelle, I am so happy for you!  That sounds like a wonderful time you had!  

I'd like to ask you; may I have your permission to read your post to my Transgender Peer Group I'm going to this coming Saturday?  I  am quite sure they would enjoy an uplifting story like this.  I've been hearing stories at the meeting that are kinda down because of NON-acceptance (hence why New York passed GENDA bill).

I'd love the group to hear a positive story of acceptance. Heart

RE: Mom and I go shopping - MichelleL - 02-04-2019

Maria, absolutely. You can feel free to read anything I post, to anyone that will listen. Remember the quote from Ben Franklin; "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." Well, the same applies here, but in a slightly different way; 'we must all stick together, and support each other, or we most assuredly will be torn apart. And the great Abraham Lincoln said, "a house divided against itself, cannot stand.' So, go forth, and spread the word. Just like Horton Hears a Who, "we are here! we are here! WE ARE HERE!" Love ya, Michelle Heart Heart

RE: Mom and I go shopping - LM-Maria - 02-04-2019

(02-04-2019, 05:59 PM)MichelleL Wrote: Maria, absolutely. You can feel free to read anything I post, to anyone that will listen. Remember the quote from Ben Franklin; "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." Well, the same applies here, but in a slightly different way; 'we must all stick together, and support each other, or we most assuredly will be torn apart. And the great Abraham Lincoln said, "a house divided against itself, cannot stand.' So, go forth, and spread the word. Just like Horton Hears a Who, "we are here! we are here! WE ARE HERE!" Love ya, Michelle Heart Heart

Heart Thank you so very much! Heart

RE: Mom and I go shopping - LM-Maria - 02-09-2019

UPDATE, Michelle...

I went to my next (3rd) Transgender Peer Group meeting tonight.  It was a small gathering (a total of 6 of us), but I actually got up the nerve (me being the very shy-type) to read your outing story to the group.  EVERYONE loved it!  A great, positive outing story, and my whole TG Peer Group wishes you all the best!  aka: Your story was a hit!!

AND, since I "broke my silence" for the first time, I finally contributed to the discussions instead of being a "wall flower" and just sitting there.  Even though I have been giving my "Male name" at each meeting, I had finally told them that my femme name is "Maria".  One of the M2F Transsexuals there told me, as we broke for the evening, "Can I call you Maria?  You look like a Maria!"  So, I guess "Maria" has kinda stepped out from behind the door and gave some others a glimpse of the "woman within".  We'll see how things go from here.

Reading your story helped me a lot.  Thank you very much! Heart