Janet's Closet Forum
Secret cupid? - Printable Version

+- Janet's Closet Forum (https://forums.janetscloset.com)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://forums.janetscloset.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Janet's Lounge (https://forums.janetscloset.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Secret cupid? (/showthread.php?tid=4797)

Secret cupid? - MichelleL - 01-21-2019

So we have all probably had a 'secret Santa' at some point in our lives; school, work, family, etc. But coming up is Valentine's Day. And some of us gurls probably won't be getting flowers, or candies, or some sexy lingerie, from a loving SO or admirer. So I was thinking (yes, I do that from time to time Blush ), how could all of us gurls figure a way that we can come up with 'secret Cupids' for each of us, and send something like a Valentine's Day card to each other? Even something electronically. I don't know, I thought it would be a fun, and cute, idea. Any thoughts? Love you all, Michelle Heart

RE: Secret cupid? - MichelleL - 02-10-2019

Well ladies, it's only four days away. And no; I can't think of a thing either. So, come the morning of the 14th, when you get up, give yourself a big hug, think of all the good things in your life (stop with the negativity), smile, and remember that we are all kind, nurturing, and loving women inside. I do love you all, Michelle Heart Heart

RE: Secret cupid? - Dawna - 02-11-2019

(01-21-2019, 06:57 PM)MichelleL Wrote: So we have all probably had a 'secret Santa' at some point in our lives; school, work, family, etc. But coming up is Valentine's Day. And some of us gurls probably won't be getting flowers, or candies, or some sexy lingerie, from a loving SO or admirer. So I was thinking (yes, I do that from time to time Blush ), how could all of us gurls figure a way that we can come up with 'secret Cupids' for each of us, and send something like a Valentine's Day card to each other? Even something electronically. I don't know, I thought it would be a fun, and cute, idea. Any thoughts? Love you all, Michelle Heart

Michelle - on top of everything else that I love about you , it turns out that you have a heart of gold as well . I love the thought ; I haven't had anyone in my life since Sept. of 2013 . Luv ya , Dawna .

RE: Secret cupid? - Anne - 02-12-2019

(02-11-2019, 10:08 AM)Dawna Wrote:
(01-21-2019, 06:57 PM)MichelleL Wrote: So we have all probably had a 'secret Santa' at some point in our lives; school, work, family, etc. But coming up is Valentine's Day. And some of us gurls probably won't be getting flowers, or candies, or some sexy lingerie, from a loving SO or admirer. So I was thinking (yes, I do that from time to time Blush ), how could all of us gurls figure a way that we can come up with 'secret Cupids' for each of us, and send something like a Valentine's Day card to each other? Even something electronically. I don't know, I thought it would be a fun, and cute, idea. Any thoughts? Love you all, Michelle Heart

Michelle - on top of everything else that I love about you , it turns out that you have a heart of gold as well . I love the thought ; I haven't had anyone in my life since Sept. of 2013 . Luv ya , Dawna .

Dawna....I feel so bad for you.   Are there not children or grandchildren to help give you some of the love that all of us need?  If there is one thing I can at least depend upon is the love I receive from my children and grandchildren.  There is nothing in the world like the unconditional love of a child and I truly feel that from my adult children and my grandchildren.  Have you ever thought about volunteering some time at a home or hospital?  You might surprise yourself and find friendship in doing something like that.  It's wonderful that we all have each other as friends here but cyber friendship is not enough.  We humans all need that close, personal contact with friends too...people that we can hold, hug, laugh together, cry together.  I hope you are able to reach out in such a way.  For all you know, there may be someone who is thinking to themselves that they would want to get to know you but their own fear (of rejection?) holds them back.  I think the hardest thing may be taking that first step and making the first move...a simple hello to someone...inviting someone to sit with you to talk over coffee at the coffee shop...I believe you can be brave enough to do that.
Lots of hugs and kisses to you.....