Janet's Closet Forum

Full Version: Purging Advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Just one word:

DON'T

If you are really overcome with guilt, or shame, or whatever emotion causes you to want to purge your femme stuff, instead of throwing it all out, try this instead.

Buy a few of those large rubbermaid tubs, enough to store your girl things in.

Pack your stuff carefully. Use separate large ziplock bags for jewelry, cosmetics, breast forms, and wigs.  Put like items in the same tub, dresses in one, blouses and skirts in another, etc.

Then, find a Self Storage place. They usually have a variety of sized storage options, some are just like closets, and store your things there.

Purging is only a temporary solution, and a costly one, on both the financial, and emotional level.

That beautiful gown? Those fabulous heels that you love?  You might NEVER find them again due to changing styles and inventories.  And the monetary cost!  Do a rough calculation on what it cost to build up your wardrobe.  Do you have the resources to spend another 2, 3, or 5 hundred dollars to replace it all?

I have purged, several times in the past, and regretted it every single time.  

Trust me on this. The monthly cost of a rental storage unit is far less costly than purging.

I only purged a dress, skirt, a couple pairs of cheap Target tights and panties a couple days ago, but you're right. I should have given myself time to put them in storage. Plus, I had to find a dumpster that wasn't being watched and all of that. No fun. I might be out $60.
Oh well, there always is the next time. Somehow, and none of us understand it "She" is always back and then wants more! Like the loan shark wanting interest of the loan you haven't paid! Only she never seems to go away.
Amy

That's a good analogy. She isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

xo

Joey

(05-15-2021, 06:51 PM)CanuckGirl Wrote: [ -> ]Oh well, there always is the next time. Somehow, and none of us understand it "She" is always back and then wants more! Like the loan shark wanting interest of the loan you haven't paid! Only she never seems to go away.
Amy

(05-15-2021, 08:47 PM)Joey5678 Wrote: [ -> ]

That's a good analogy. She isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

xo

Joey

(05-15-2021, 06:51 PM)CanuckGirl Wrote: [ -> ]Oh well, there always is the next time. Somehow, and none of us understand it "She" is always back and then wants more! Like the loan shark wanting interest of the loan you haven't paid! Only she never seems to go away.
Amy

You girls really, really, REALLY have to understand that your desire to be femme, to be HER, is never going to go away!

You MAY be able to shove her back into the closet. For a while.... But she is still there, whispering in your ear. And eventually, hers will be the only voice you hear. Eventually, like all intelligent women, she will bend you to HER will.

And, you will wonder why you resisted for so long....
And, you will wonder why you resisted for so long....

Thanks Jodie.
Yes, that is my one regret, that I didn't give in to my urges for so many years, till I was about 63 or 64, and I'm 67 now. Truly it would have more complicated 10 or 20 years ago with kids living at home, but I could have, but I did fight it off for many many years. By that I mean going full femme, nice clothes, makeup, shoes etc. I had always dressed up for the last 30 years or so, but only the odd time, and not very well.
Amy
That's really great advice JodieLynne, There have been several times where I wasn't able to dress for months and even a couple of years. I never thought about purging and now I'm glad I never did as I am now dressing more than ever and still have an extensive wardrobe! No, those feelings never go away and only get stronger over the years.
Great advice, and I just want to point out how phenomenal it is to be part of a supportive community like this forum!

My "wish I didn't purge" moment came a decade ago when I was scared of being discovered. In fact, I was pretty sure I had been discovered by college friends and it was incredibly traumatic. For that and other reasons my life felt like it was coming apart. I don't know why it seems like it is going to help to get rid of everything...

The more supportive our society is as a whole -- the more "normal" it is to be accepting of everyone -- the more younger people will be able to embrace whatever makes them tick, whatever suits them, whatever there identity might be.

When I found Janet's website and started shopping/ordering, I felt for the first time that "community" feel even though it was just the online store. Janet's bio and the instructional videos especially made me feel like these were people like me and damn I wonder if they are hiring at Janet's?!

Then I scrolled down to the bottom and saw the forum!!!

This forum is pretty awesome. Glad to be here with you all!