Janet's Closet Forum

Full Version: A Name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, everyone.  I've really come to embrace the CD in me.  Doubt I could turn back, even if I wanted to.  Still closeted, and am good with that.  But, I was wondering about a name for my femme side.  As I read through the posts, I wondered how others came up with their names.  Did it just kind of hit you?  Was it given to you?  Was it thought out?  I am leaning towards calling her Maxine.  Back in my teen years, I knew an older woman with that name.  She was an authoritative type, not in a mean way, but really radiated confidence, plus I thought she was smoking hot, maybe because of her confidence.  Back then, I always thought that if I were a woman, that's who I would want to be like, never giving a second thought that I would someday actually be exploring that side of me.  Hope this doesn't seem too cheesy.  Just wondering.  Hope everyone has a great day.  Thanks.
Go with whatever feels right. Cindy was the first name that popped into my head when asked for one at Janet's. Cindy was the name of our first cat.
(09-10-2020, 09:42 AM)cindyv Wrote: [ -> ]Go with whatever feels right. Cindy was the first name that popped into my head when asked for one at Janet's. Cindy was the name of our first cat.

Thanks, Cindy.
I chose Debbie because every Debbie that I have ever met has been a free spirit,and dressed very sexy [my m/o].
Debbie w
(09-10-2020, 12:24 PM)debbie w Wrote: [ -> ]I chose Debbie because every Debbie that I have ever met has been a free spirit,and dressed very sexy [my m/o].
Debbie w

Thanks, Debbie.  Maxine
If you like and are comfortable with Maxine go with it. I know a beautiful lady my age named Maxine.
I chose the feminine version of my nickname even though I hate my real first name but in respect for my mother who named me after her brother I accept it.
Bernice

Yesterday I put on a halloween costume of an old lady similar to the Maxine cartoon character and OMG the picture I took looked just like my mother!!!!!
(09-11-2020, 11:01 AM)Bernice Wrote: [ -> ]If you like and are comfortable with Maxine go with it. I know a beautiful lady my age named Maxine. 
I chose the feminine version of my nickname even though I hate my real first name but in respect for my mother who named me after her brother I accept it.
Bernice

Yesterday I put on a halloween costume of an old lady similar to the Maxine cartoon character and OMG the picture I took looked just like my mother!!!!!
LOL!!!  I forgot all about the Maxine cartoon character.  Was my Mom's favorite.  Probably fits my persona better, as a lot of folks think I am cranky all the time anyway.  Too funny!!!  Maxine
Well I guess we call you Maxine. I will be happy to address you as Maxine.
Bernice

Hi Maxine.  There is nothing cheesy about this subject.  Choosing a name is important as it identifies you (for the rest of your life???) as well as define you in a way.  I chose Anne because I love that name.  If I had been born a girl (how I wish I had), it's the name I would have loved my mother to choose for me.  I like Anne because it sounds so prim and proper yet is the antithesis of how slutty I can be with a male partner.  I chose Preuss as a last name as it is Prussian (as in Germanic, not Russian) to celebrate my Prussian heritage.  I'm sure my ancestors are rolling in their graves about me.  Big Grin" alt="Big Grin" title="Big Grin">

(09-14-2020, 08:04 AM)Anne Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi Maxine.  There is nothing cheesy about this subject.  Choosing a name is important as it identifies you (for the rest of your life???) as well as define you in a way.  I chose Anne because I love that name.  If I had been born a girl (how I wish I had), it's the name I would have loved my mother to choose for me.  I like Anne because it sounds so prim and proper yet is the antithesis of how slutty I can be with a male partner.  I chose Preuss as a last name as it is Prussian (as in Germanic, not Russian) to celebrate my Prussian heritage.  I'm sure my ancestors are rolling in their graves about me.  Big Grin" alt="Big Grin" title="Big Grin">

Hello, Anne.  Thanks for your support.  I appreciate you and everyone else for their input on this.  I very much doubt your ancestors are rolling over in their graves about you.  I willing to bet they are hoping you can live your life the best way you can, and be happy.  All the best, Maxine