Janet's Closet Forum

Full Version: Sepia Kona Wigs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi girls, has anyone bought, or otherwise had experience with the "Sepia Kona" wigs they are selling here for $29.95?
How do they look and feel, are they cheap looking, or decent?
 Thanks!
 Amy
(06-26-2020, 06:00 PM)CanuckGirl Wrote: [ -> ]Hi girls, has anyone bought, or otherwise had experience with the "Sepia Kona" wigs they are selling here for $29.95?
How do they look and feel, are they cheap looking, or decent?
 Thanks!
 Amy
Hi Amy - I have not had any experience with the wig you are referring to.  I saw it on the website and it looks okay.  However, in my opinion, a wig is very important if you are a crossdresser who wants to go out in the public.  This is an item, I don’t buy cheap.  I usually spend over $200 for a quality wig, and sometimes more.  A cheap wig can out you very easily in my opinion.  If possible also go to Janet’s or a wig store and actually try on wigs and get the best one for you.  Here is a photo of me in a wig I purchased at Janet’s.  Good luck!  Hugs, Suzy
Hi Amy...I have no experience with the Sepia Kona wigs.  I have my concerns regarding how good of a wig you are going to get for $30.  I don't think Janets would appreciate my saying it, but I bought my wig from www.wigsis.com.  I spent $150 for a high quality synthetic wig and I love it.  If you are just wearing it around the house, that is one thing, but I have a feeling it would not be suitable for wearing in public without risk of being outed if that is a concern for you.
Thanks, Ladies. You are all likely correct. There is only so much quality in a $30. wig. The one I usually wear cost me about $175. or so. Lace front, and though synthetic, much more realistic looking hair than the cheaper one I also have.

I was just thinking of experimenting with being blonde for a change, and didn't want to spend too much in case I hate the look of myself as blonde. If I like the look, then I'd want to buy a better one to go out, which I do (well, you know, used to) on a regular basis.
The other thing is being in Canada, the exchange rate is terrible to buy out of the US, so by the time I get shipping and exchange I'd be up around $60-70.

Thanks again!
Amy
Well girls, I can't believe it was over a year ago I started this thread! I did buy one of the Sepia Kona wigs from Janet's, but in what they call a light auburn. There's a picture or two posted here wearing it. Most who have seen it tell me it looks good on me, though I need to do makeup and brows differently I think.
So as far as the quality of the wig goes it's decent, however it is not up to passing standard. So for staying at home, or in a private party kind of setting it would be fine, and it seems to photograph well, but not if you want to go out en femme and pass.
As a learning experience I am happy with it and will use it a bit, then perhaps buy a better quality one if I decide to make that my new colour in a while.
Right now you could say that I'm solidly in my blonde phase!
Amy