Janet's Closet Forum

Full Version: Need some honest advise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, girls...I have an idea rattling around in my head and I need some help in deciding if it's pretty bad or only a little bit bad.  At the end of July I might be able to swing a visit to Janets as I will be in NW Ohio.  The goal is to get a wig, as the one I have I have made a mess of. But I don't want to go in totally male.  So I am planning to wear a patterned blouse over a jumpsuit....following the Jennifer (IN) classy style...but no wig and I hope covering most of my hairy arms etc. Of course no makeup since that is a guaranteed disaster. Ok, maybe some lip blush. I am torn between wanting to take advantage of the welcoming vibe that all of you have documented, and the distict possibility that I will look like a jerk in woman's clothing.  Probably shooting for getting there before noon.
Please let me know what you think. Political correctness is not necessary...

Michelle  Confused
You may be uncomfortable, but I will pretty much guarantee you that the staff would be welcoming. I am an overweight CD who has talked to many staff members multiple times and have always been treated kindly, warm, and welcoming. I have never been in there and been treated anything other than what I have mentioned previously. I have been there off and on for years! Feel free to pm if you want to ask specific questions or a possible meet.

Jenna
Michelle: I agree with the other girls wear what you want to wear be confident and the staff and girls at Janet's will take care of the rest. They are the Best. ERIN
I agree with what the girls are saying Michelle.  Be you and wear what you want to wear.

My only caution with you approach is if you plan to stop anywhere between where you change and Janets.  People outside of Janets will not be as welcoming.  But the staff at Janet's will be welcoming and non-judgmental.  And of course they will help you select the right wig for you.  As several have told me when I was there, you are among friends here.

BTW, when I went I wore a blazer with my jumpsuit.  I liked the look and it fit me well.  I have attached a pic, with a slight modification.

Might I suggest scheduling a make-over while you are there? 

Have fun!!!

Jen.
Yes, you should schedule a make-over. You'll be hooked.
(06-18-2018, 09:51 PM)keepie01 Wrote: [ -> ]You may be uncomfortable, but I will pretty much guarantee you that the staff would be welcoming.  I am an overweight CD who has talked to many staff members multiple times and have always been treated kindly, warm, and welcoming.  I have never been in there and been treated anything other than what I have mentioned previously.   I have been there off and on for years!  Feel free to pm if you want to ask specific questions or a possible meet.

Jenna

Thanks Jenna....maybe meeting will ease my angst!  I will pm if it looks like a go...

Michelle

(06-18-2018, 10:13 PM)Stephanie_G Wrote: [ -> ]Be yourself and wear whatever you want to wear, Michelle.  I'm sure that Janet and her staff will treat you with kindness and respect.

This is why this forum is cool....thanks for you input!

(06-19-2018, 03:00 PM)erin Wrote: [ -> ]Michelle: I agree with the other girls wear what you want to wear be confident and the staff and girls at Janet's will take care of the rest. They are the Best. ERIN

Thanks, Erin (love your name btw)....this would be a big step and your encouragement is appreciated!

(06-19-2018, 05:24 PM)JenniferIN Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with what the girls are saying Michelle.  Be you and wear what you want to wear.

My only caution with you approach is if you plan to stop anywhere between where you change and Janets.  People outside of Janets will not be as welcoming.  But the staff at Janet's will be welcoming and non-judgmental.  And of course they will help you select the right wig for you.  As several have told me when I was there, you are among friends here.

BTW, when I went I wore a blazer with my jumpsuit.  I liked the look and it fit me well.  I have attached a pic, with a slight modification.

Have fun!!!

Jen.

Thanks, Jen...I have really rethought my style based on your example.  I think I can dress at my location and go directly to Janet's.  Your picture is incredible!  Such style and confidence!   Not sure if I can pull off the make over as I will be returning back that day...seems like a waste.  I think I am trying to get a feel of the place and a feel of me, if you know what I mean.  Seems a make over with an overnight makes more sense...

Michelle
(06-20-2018, 05:17 PM)michelle.busty Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-18-2018, 09:51 PM)keepie01 Wrote: [ -> ]You may be uncomfortable, but I will pretty much guarantee you that the staff would be welcoming.  I am an overweight CD who has talked to many staff members multiple times and have always been treated kindly, warm, and welcoming.  I have never been in there and been treated anything other than what I have mentioned previously.   I have been there off and on for years!  Feel free to pm if you want to ask specific questions or a possible meet.

Jenna

Thanks Jenna....maybe meeting will ease my angst!  I will pm if it looks like a go...

Michelle

(06-18-2018, 10:13 PM)Stephanie_G Wrote: [ -> ]Be yourself and wear whatever you want to wear, Michelle.  I'm sure that Janet and her staff will treat you with kindness and respect.

This is why this forum is cool....thanks for you input!

(06-19-2018, 03:00 PM)erin Wrote: [ -> ]Michelle: I agree with the other girls wear what you want to wear be confident and the staff and girls at Janet's will take care of the rest. They are the Best. ERIN

Thanks, Erin (love your name btw)....this would be a big step and your encouragement is appreciated!

(06-19-2018, 05:24 PM)JenniferIN Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with what the girls are saying Michelle.  Be you and wear what you want to wear.

Have fun!!!

Jen.

Thanks, Jen...I have really rethought my style based on your example.  I think I can dress at my location and go directly to Janet's.  Your picture is incredible!  Such style and confidence!   Not sure if I can pull off the make over as I will be returning back that day...seems like a waste.  I think I am trying to get a feel of the place and a feel of me, if you know what I mean.  Seems a make over with an overnight makes more sense...

Michelle
Thanks Michelle. It was very nice of you to say those nice things about my pic. My confidence is sketchy at best but any confidence I have is because of the welcoming environment at Janet’s and because of the awesome people in this forum. Supportive friends makes a huge difference. 

Good luck with your adventure.  Have fun!

Jen

R
So you girls were correct.  I made the trip to JC on Friday....I dressed in a jumpsuit, white blouse over, black patent flats...no wig, no makeup. Nothing.  Got there at about opening and I was the only one there, except for the UPS guy who seemed to be lingering.  Nevertheless, I persisted.  The girls were as advertised---friendly, non-judgemental and helpful.  The main mission was a wig that I couldn't screw up too much, like I did with the first one.  With help, chose a longish bob...about to the base of my neck.  As an added bonus, I was able to replace one (meaning just one, not a pair) of my breast forms which had split. As she was ringing me out, she began to box up the wig, but when I said I'd wear it she was quite pleased.  Drove back with the windows down, hair blowing.  Even stopped on the side of 75 to get something from the truck, and to take off the blouse cover up.  Lots of trucks on that road and in that right lane....
Just can't resist taking a risk....
Cute cut.
(08-05-2018, 03:26 PM)michelle.busty Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Michelle....love the style of wig you chose....Anne
Pages: 1 2